Webtop Mod for Ubuntu

chuck54

Reaction score
The app is installed, but i cant open it because it force closes everytime. It gets superuser permissions after force closing tho

brianskohler

Reaction score
Try opening Titanium Backup. It might say you have root but not full permissions. Select yes to allow change. Press home to keep Titanium Backup open. Try to open app again.

chuck54

Reaction score
Well it worked! Im transferring my sdcard files to internal now

auglove3rd

Reaction score
Just want stock back

Hey, I tried the whole thing, had the same problem with blank screen after the Moto logo, but I'm not Safestrapped, and it actually booted one time, but just with a mirror of my phone. At any rate, I gave up.

Now I just want stock webtop back, I formatted my SD and reflashed my ROM, but I'm getting the same blank screen at webtop boot. I'm hoping I didn't screw something up badly, any help would be appreciated.

paramax55

Reaction score
If you truely re-formatted your SD card, and flashed your rom from scratch, there would be nothing that could be screwed up. You would be a factory settings. I suspect you haven't done what you think you have done. It sounds like the phone is looking for webtop to be on the SD card, but there is nothing there (the same thing wil happen if you try to start webtop after a reboot and don't wait for the SD card to finish mounting). You probably need to RSD back to 902, then flash your rom again.

auglove3rd

Reaction score
Yeah, I figured that might be a last resort. Any idea how to RSD on Ubuntu 12? I'm locked out of Windows. It's been a great week for technology around here.

paramax55

Reaction score
Probably can't. RSD is a Motorola thing and I don't think they have a Linux version. You could try wine, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If you have a friend with a working Windows laptop, it goes pretty quickly. I boot into Windows, do it, then get out as quick as I can. It takes about 30 minutes for the whole ordeal.

auglove3rd

Reaction score
Got it back, thanks.

I'm excited for this to become standard. Webtop has so much potential, but the GB version is too locked up and I've heard the ICS interface is annoying. I guess I'll wait until it's an amateur-proof process.