Has anyone ever used an iPhone on this site

maxohkc

Reaction score
Almost a month ago I was an avid android user and loved being an android user like I said though I have changed to an iPhone 4s and the change has been treacherous. I simple hate my new iPhone I have used an android device for 2 years and to be honest no experience compares to android.
iOS has its perks a lot of awesome first Pary apps, iTunes and a bit more smooth.
I run into the same problems I did on the iPhone that I did my droid 1 and for a short time my sgs2.
On the iPhone if the app isn't first party then good. Chances it will freeze or just shut down at the same rate an android app would. My biggest complaint about iOS is its simply an inconvient mess. Having numerous apps in an almost random order is pure useless and causes me to look for apps while android had just 5 screens created by you.
The next thing I would like to talk about is widgets or the notification center on iOS. Simply put its ridiculous Since its a new feature every app and it's mom is sending you notifications luckily you can switch these off. As for widgets all I have is the stock and weather widget which work well but would prefer them on my homes screen like they were on android. Customizations on the iPhone go as far as changing your wall paper. If your a fan of android and you like miui it defiantly does not translate into purchasing an iPhone. I am selling my iPhone to purchase the galaxy nexus and am extremely excited to join the android community again.
I was just wondering who else here has had an iOS device and have switched over to android and have found it to be a huge improvement. Sorry for the poor grammer by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DroidMomma

Reaction score
When I left Verizon in Aug, my mom sent me an iPhooey 3gs she got refurb for like a penny. I HATE THIS THING. I want my DX functional again! I hate that i can't place the app buttons where I want them on the screen. I hate that there aren't ANY widgets on this version. It was a pain in the tukus to figure anything out. I hate that I have to use iTunes to put pics, books, music etc on it. Ugh... the only thing that it helps with is there's still businesses, etc that haven't figured out the iPhooey isn't that "special" and are still only having developers make apps for an iOs, and not the android os... anyway... you're not alone... soon as I can send this thing back to my mom, I'm gonna!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've owned 3 iPhones (2G, 3G, and 3G-S). I went to work for VZW back in '09 (upgraded to a 32GB 3G-S while in training) and started a line of service with them, getting a D1 about a month after launch. I rarely ever used my Droid as I had convinced myself that it didn't get any better than iOS. Boy was I wrong! I was blown away at how much faster my Droid was (even before rooting it)! I fell in love with how I could customize my Android to the way I wanted it to be. I will never go back to iOS!

Sent with my TB using Xparent Tapatalk ;)

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Came from a jailbroken iPod touch 1g back in the day! (got it before the update that even let you install apps on it.) :D I hacked that thing to death and it still wasn't as good as stock Android! :p Is been sitting at the bottom of my drawer for probably a year without being powered on! :p

There are a couple things that iOS does have on Android.

First. Gaming. The fact is, iOS has a whole lot better game development. (I'm happy Android doesn't have as good of games because I already spend too much time with my phone!)

Second. Fragmentation. What works with iOS works extremely well with iOS but if you ever want to use something that isn't iOS approved, you're sunk.

And their OS only has to with with 3 devices not hundreds.

Third. Advertising. The fact is simple, people want an iPhone because it's an iPhone! They believe everything Apple says. If an iPhone has it, they can't see how any other phone could possibly have it too.

I think if Android can fix those 3 things then they could take the market. Mostly the 3rd.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think if Android can fix those 3 things then they could take the market. Mostly the 3rd.

They are already outselling the IPhone about 2 to 1. Mostly it seems to be coming from BB and Symbian - i.e. current smartphone users looking for something better seem to be choosing Android by large margins. IPhone seems to be capturing a pretty steady percent of new smartphone users, though, where the marketing and simplicity is probably very appealing (though personally I don't see IOS as "easier" or more intuitive, just different).

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I got an iPhone 4s the day it came out. I tried to like it, I really did. 14 days later I traded it for a Droid Charge. I was really upset that I had few options in settings of my favorite apps on the iPhone. I really could not get past hitting a link to the web from an email, loading the page and then not being able to hit the back button to get back to where I was in mail. You have to close the web program and reopen the mail program.

I really got disappointed when I could not get voice directions with G Maps nor could I find a decent app in the Store that worked well.

There are other things, but these were the main concerns that made me go back to Android.

toyotaking88

Reaction score
My stepdad was an iPhone fan and he loved it......until I showed him just what all I could do with my DX, he was amazed. So I let him borry an extra DX I had. Now he says there is no way on gods green earth he would go back to the iPhone. He likes that their is so much customization on the Android platform. Once he started using the DX he realized just how limited the iPhone really was.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
My stepdad was an iPhone fan and he loved it......until I showed him just what all I could do with my DX, he was amazed. So I let him borry an extra DX I had. Now he says there is no way on gods green earth he would go back to the iPhone. He likes that their is so much customization on the Android platform. Once he started using the DX he realized just how limited the iPhone really was.

Yeah, IOS is solid don't get me wrong, but it really is kind of a starter smartphone for nubes and the tech illiterate. The latter I really don't even agree with because I don't find it any more intuitive or easier than Android, but that's the tag line propagated by everyone that started out with IOS and apparently forgot the cumulative learning curve until familiarity made it seem "intuitive". I'd echo the above poster about the lack of a back button - I'm sure there's some combination of short-and-long clicks of the home button or a gesture, but then that's hardly intuitive or as easy as hitting a back button.

toyotaking88

Reaction score
Yeah, IOS is solid don't get me wrong, but it really is kind of a starter smartphone for nubes and the tech illiterate. The latter I really don't even agree with because I don't find it any more intuitive or easier than Android, but that's the tag line propagated by everyone that started out with IOS and apparently forgot the cumulative learning curve until familiarity made it seem "intuitive". I'd echo the above poster about the lack of a back button - I'm sure there's some combination of short-and-long clicks of the home button or a gesture, but then that's hardly intuitive or as easy as hitting a back button.

Well he is by no means tech illiterate, he's a big nerd at heart and having the customization of the home screen and other screens it makes it easier for him to access items he uses frequently also the larger screen makes it easier for him to take notes, pictures and even add text draw different things over the pics. Also he love the free hotspot, he is an architect so he will go to job sites and use the hotspot with his laptop to access drawings and ect. The larger screen on the X also makes it alot easier to use his work PC through his phone. But he is a nerd and knew his iPhone well and now the android system too. But he thinks it's just alot more sensible the way the Android OS goes about everything.

jtpowell

Reaction score
Yes, sold my 3G for an Incredible and still have a 3G for dev work in my bag. Even though I use android devices I prefer developing for iOS over android any day of the week. Better tools, better market, more dollars in me pocket. I've got 3 apps in the store now for iOS that I'll probably never code a lick of for in android. Hopefully one day the android will have a single unified IDE as powerful and useful as VS2Kx or XCode. No Eclipse with all the add-ons and such is not there yet. It's a lot better than it used to be and getting there but still not there yet.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Used my friends for hours and wouldn't trade. I like them a little, but not enough to change. Plus I dislike apple so disliking their product is helpful