my next android phone.... and a beautiful solution to iPhone's obsoleteness

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Will never happen. Android runs counter to everything IPhone is about - namely, open-source and customization does not fit with Jobs all-knowing need to control the user experience.

I just shake my head sometimes. Met another fanboy recently who was showing off his IPhone4 and doing pinch-zoom on photos like it was something special. I don't even bother debating these people, I just say "that's a nice toy".

IPhone looks good and has some nice features. For actual, functional business use the Droid wins hands-down, IMO.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
iPhone Hacked to Run Android 2.2 | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

would like to mess with my friends by doing this to them one day :)
I have a smasung saga wm6.1 I might try this with.

LOL, if they spend any time with Android they may end-up with a serious case of IPhone-remorse!

Fanboy was bragging up his 8-megapixel camera = facepalm. Takes nice pictures, though. But when I get Droid Pro at the end of the year it will be fun to crush his little girlie phone.

JCo352

Reaction score
iPhone Hacked to Run Android 2.2 | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

would like to mess with my friends by doing this to them one day :)
I have a smasung saga wm6.1 I might try this with.

LOL, if they spend any time with Android they may end-up with a serious case of IPhone-remorse!

Fanboy was bragging up his 8-megapixel camera = facepalm. Takes nice pictures, though. But when I get Droid Pro at the end of the year it will be fun to crush his little girlie phone.

Huh?
10 char

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I, too, will never own a piece of Apple hardware. I feel their stuff is overpriced and they have this "smug" attitude about themselves (I mean, c'mon, have you seen their commercials?). As far as computing goes...been using MS forever (even back to DOS days) and running Win7 just fine...on a 6-year-old box, no less.

As for phones...I'm really digging Google's approach to this market so far. I'm a newbie Android user, just got a Droid X this past Friday...first Android phone. I was very excited about the whole Android experience finally coming to Verizon when the Droid initially released back in November (loyal VZ customer since 1999).

Whoa...I just realized something...I'm the only one in my family that doesn't have a piece of Apple hardware. How sad. My brother started it all with his various iPods, then he got a MacBook, and now also has an iPod Touch. Then he got mom an iPod shuffle. And dad just got an iPod Touch this past Father's Day...guess I'll stay the black sheep.

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
Ok, well nevermind. I guess we all hate apple, a lot. But does no one think it would be cool to have the openness of android in a phone that actually looks expensive (not plasticy) withe the great iphone apps. I was just bored and thinking about how great it would be. I gyess no one agrees

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ehhhh, I prefer to stay away from IPhone's apps. I don't need to drop $100 on apps when all the free ones for Droid I have are working just fine. I'm happy to support developers, but do not like the idea of wasting money if I should ever change platforms.

But from a strategic standpoint, it's a smart move for Apple. If some of those people put pencil to paper it probably would not make sense to switch platforms and (potentially) incur those app costs again on a new platform.

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
Ehhhh, I prefer to stay away from IPhone's apps. I don't need to drop $100 on apps when all the free ones for Droid I have are working just fine. I'm happy to support developers, but do not like the idea of wasting money if I should ever change platforms.

But from a strategic standpoint, it's a smart move for Apple. If some of those people put pencil to paper it probably would not make sense to switch platforms and (potentially) incur those app costs again on a new platform.

i'm just talking about including the stock apple apps (like how sense ui has their own stock apps)

but i just personally thought it would be cool

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
apple is a good product, but I prefer android and want to keep them separate. When I use to watch wrestling (in high school) I loved the WCW and WWF Monday night raw vs monday nitro rivalry. I alawys wondered and wanted to see the to combine so that wwf champ will go against wcw. Well it happened and I stopped watching wrestling. Rivalries bring out the best in people (worst in people as well at times). If we continue to have the apple v android rivalry we will continue to have good devices. If apple trumps android then there goes competition and there will be no more super phones to try to crush the opposition.