Has anyone been able to get OTGS to work ?

1coopgt

Reaction score
So I picked up a 64GB On the go usb STORAGE DRIVE . Has anyone been able to get it working on the Turbo? The Turbo isn't recognizing the thumb drive .

HK-47

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I picked up a 64GB On the go usb STORAGE DRIVE . Has anyone been able to get it working on the Turbo? The Turbo isn't recognizing the thumb drive .
I have used several thumb drives connected through a USB to micro USB adaptor with my Turbo with no trouble. In fact I keep a Corsair Voyager Go 64G on my key ring all the time to swap files with friends or between my devices. This is a great little device!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I've also had 100% success with three different OTG drivesi bought off eBay. This one is on my key chain and takes Micro SD cards.

95906439a39a19ef6a8a63a3543f1ea0.jpg

f707bb6fe46a037b26839b691ea22ae2.jpg

I also bought two others, one is basically the same as above but in a cable design rather than as a foldable key fob. The this is a multi card reader. All three work perfectly with my Turbo.

OP
1coopgt

1coopgt

Reaction score
Interesting Wonder why these 2 drives aren't working with it . The sandisk I added 4 movies to it from my PC and the phone doesn't see the folder they are in . The white adapter I plugg ed a 32gb micro sd into with about 7gb of music on it and the phone doesn't recognize it either .
2014-12-13 12.01.11.jpg

wseyller

Reaction score
Maybe its the file format your using. I personally don't know what the requirements are but maybe for example you have an NTFS format but only FAT32 is compatible.

OP
1coopgt

1coopgt

Reaction score
Maybe its the file format your using. I personally don't know what the requirements are but maybe for example you have an NTFS format but only FAT32 is compatible.

Yup that's it . When I plugged in a Fat32 Micro SD card it worked fine . Guess the 64gb Sandisk thumb drive will have to go in a drawer for a future phone unless 5.0 lets thte phone use EXFAT or NTSF . The 64 won't let me reformat it to FAT32.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yup that's it . When I plugged in a Fat32 Micro SD card it worked fine . Guess the 64gb Sandisk thumb drive will have to go in a drawer for a future phone unless 5.0 lets thte phone use EXFAT or NTSF . The 64 won't let me reformat it to FAT32.
Did you try formatting it with the phone, or is it simply not seeing it at all?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sometimes we overlook the obvious when troubleshooting. That was excellent advice.

The reason I didn't think of it was because mine are card readers and the cards I'm using are from former phones so I would have no reason to consider the file system. In the OP's case they are actual thumb drives with their own memory so the need to be formatted on a PC first.

I wonder if the phone can format them.

Last edited:
OP
1coopgt

1coopgt

Reaction score
Even though Win8.1 won't format it I downloaded a program that would . All set now . Thanks for the help all . Yup FoxKat the phone wasn't even seeing the 64gb drive .

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Even though Win8.1 won't format it I downloaded a program that would . All set now . Thanks for the help all . Yup FoxKat the phone wasn't even seeing the 64gb drive .
Well I'm really happy that you were able to get them working. I use two different file managers that I've found work well on the phone. File Manager - Android Apps on Google Play and OTG Disk Explorer Lite - Android Apps on Google Play but there are plenty so experiment and see what works best for you.

Also, your information which you shared with the forum is helpful and will allow us to help others in the future. Could you let us know what file manager you eventually decide to use and why?

wseyller

Reaction score
Sometimes we overlook the obvious when troubleshooting. That was excellent advice.

The reason I didn't think of it was because mine are card readers and the cards I'm using are from former phones so I would have no reason to consider the file system. In the OP's case they are actual thumb drives with their own memory so the need to be formatted on a PC first.

I wonder if the phone can format them.
I thought of it because I work on copiers and all the time people try to plug in their flash drive so they can scan to and print from them. These problems come up all the time because their flash drives with NTFS don't work on an OS that is Linux based. Also they are picky on the file format when flashing firmware from USB.

OP
1coopgt

1coopgt

Reaction score
Well I'm really happy that you were able to get them working. I use two different file managers that I've found work well on the phone. File Manager - Android Apps on Google Play and OTG Disk Explorer Lite - Android Apps on Google Play but there are plenty so experiment and see what works best for you.

Also, your information which you shared with the forum is helpful and will allow us to help others in the future. Could you let us know what file manager you eventually decide to use and why?

Thanks. I decided to try File Manager which you posted also trying Root Manager which I've used in the past and a app By Sandisk called Memory Zone.

Just as an FYI if you have trouble formatting the thumb drive on Win 8.1 and your thumb drive is 64GB. + . I used MiniAide Fat32 Formatter. Just be careful using it there is the potential to reformat your hard drive of the pc with the program if your not paying attention .

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks. I decided to try File Manager which you posted also trying Root Manager which I've used in the past and a app By Sandisk called Memory Zone.

Just as an FYI if you have trouble formatting the thumb drive on Win 8.1 and your thumb drive is 64GB. + . I used MiniAide Fat32 Formatter. Just be careful using it there is the potential to reformat your hard drive of the pc with the program if your not paying attention .
Cool. I'll give that app a try. I'm running Windows 7 but still don't see an option to format on my pic using the card reader.

Last edited:

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I didn't even think about my disk being NTFS, but I bet it is. I'll try the 32GB one this weekend and see if it works. Nice to see that some of you got it working. I thought it was just me. I tried a 128 and a 64, but not the 32.