Has anyone been able to buy the D3 in store?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon employees are f***ing morons. I've never received a single shred of useful knowledge from any of them.

I went into a store a few weeks back to check out the LTE phones since I hadn't seen any in person. The guys in there were trying so hard to get me to buy a Charge. The sales rep kept telling me how great the phone was and then proceeded to tell me to install a handful of useless bloodsucking apps. I pointed out the faults of the Charge and the apps he recommended and the employee looked dumbfounded. He then tried to push the T-bolt on me. Give me a break.

After his b.s. was done, I asked when the D3, Bionic and SGII were coming to Verizon, and again he looked dumbfounded. WTF? He didn't know what any of those phones were, any neither did any of the other employees in the store at that time. The SGII ignorance is forgivable since no one knows when it's coming, but the D3 and Bionic? Come on! I feel sorry for anyone who walks into a Verizon store and has to listen to this b.s. Damn they piss me off!

Zog

Reaction score
The d3 was definitely coming July/aug.. but no one knew/knows anything about the bionic or sg2.. why would he have that knowledge? I wouldn't be insulted if an employee points out top phones in the room, you got an anger problem if thats a 'trigger' for ya.. its his job, chill for a sec. Not everyone is a flowing fountain of knowledge like yourself.. right?

Gingercomb :: Liberty v9

Last edited:

Al Neri

Reaction score
Verizon employees are f***ing morons. I've never received a single shred of useful knowledge from any of them.

I went into a store a few weeks back to check out the LTE phones since I hadn't seen any in person. The guys in there were trying so hard to get me to buy a Charge. The sales rep kept telling me how great the phone was and then proceeded to tell me to install a handful of useless bloodsucking apps. I pointed out the faults of the Charge and the apps he recommended and the employee looked dumbfounded. He then tried to push the T-bolt on me. Give me a break.

After his b.s. was done, I asked when the D3, Bionic and SGII were coming to Verizon, and again he looked dumbfounded. WTF? He didn't know what any of those phones were, any neither did any of the other employees in the store at that time. The SGII ignorance is forgivable since no one knows when it's coming, but the D3 and Bionic? Come on! I feel sorry for anyone who walks into a Verizon store and has to listen to this b.s. Damn they piss me off!

This has been my experience exactly. I walked into my local Verizon store a week or so ago asking about the Bionic and the guy behind the counter told me it was cancelled. I hope he is in the store when I buy it.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I bet they are covering it up trying to not make a big stir about it so they can forward all the customers to the Bionic. Has there even been a commercial ad for it?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I agree. I believe their focus is the Bionic.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
The d3 was definitely coming July/aug.. but no one knew/knows anything about the bionic or sg2.. why would he have that knowledge? I wouldn't be insulted if an employee points out top phones in the room, you got an anger problem if thats a 'trigger' for ya.. its his job, chill for a sec. Not everyone is a flowing fountain of knowledge like yourself.. right?

You must work for Verizon

Edit: The point I was getting at is that Verizon employees should be knowledgeable enough to know what phones are in the pipeline, rumor or not. It's inexcusable that sometimes these people know the bare minimum when they're supposed to be the "experts."

Last edited:

TDevilsG

Reaction score

You must work for Verizon

Edit: The point I was getting at is that Verizon employees should be knowledgeable enough to know what phones are in the pipeline, rumor or not. It's inexcusable that sometimes these people know the bare minimum when they're supposed to be the "experts."

I've run into similar situations myself. Some people get by with just working in the store and knowing whats on the floor; others do the homework, look at the rumors and get an understanding for whats to come. There's been a handful of times that I've went into a Verizon store knowing as much or more about a product that I want. The bottom line is that Verizon corporate doesn't share a ton of information with their workers and the result is most of the important information is leaked online.

Beka27

Reaction score
I bet they are covering it up trying to not make a big stir about it so they can forward all the customers to the Bionic. Has there even been a commercial ad for it?

See, I actually don't agree with this statement at all. They are trying to make a sale TODAY. If you walk out the door without a new phone/contract... they lose. This is why (at least at my local store) if you say you're "just looking", they don't say a word to you for the rest of the time you're there. It's their job to be clueless/vague on what's coming in the future and push what they can sell you today.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

See, I actually don't agree with this statement at all. They are trying to make a sale TODAY. If you walk out the door without a new phone/contract... they lose. This is why (at least at my local store) if you say you're "just looking", they don't say a word to you for the rest of the time you're there. It's their job to be clueless/vague on what's coming in the future and push what they can sell you today.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Yep. This is exactly right. They're not trying to get you to buy a phone that isn't already out or that at the very least doesn't have a pre-order. They want you to buy what's available at that moment.

As for the Droid 3, I picked mine up in store today. There were two other people buying it right when I was getting mine. Loving it so far.

OP
ocbooger

ocbooger

Reaction score
Picked it up yesterday for my wife. I played around with it for a little bit and was blown away by how fast it is. I was not impressed with motoblur at all though, seems rather clunky and not user friendly. I'm a Sense fan so I have some bias but it took me a while to set everything up to get better battery life.

Bamf sense 3.0 RC4 with MR2 radio

cwscms

Reaction score
Picked up mine last night. No signs, nothing really promoting it.

hef1969

Reaction score
I got my Droid 3 yesterday, And I live up in the U.P. where we get everything last.

pedromartinez

Reaction score
Just bought it today from Costco today.

Having problems with my 'u' key.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

AVNFAM

Reaction score
Go to a Verizon Corporate Store, Best Buy Online, Verizon Online, or by calling Customer Service. If you go to an Athorized Dealer, they'll charge you an arm and a leg. They charged my husband $250 when on Verizon's website and Best Buy Website they are selling it for $199 with a 2 year contract.