Has anyone been able to buy the D3 in store?

NoBloatware

Reaction score
If only it had LTE

As someone in another thread pointed out, the phone loads pages really quickly. 3G is actually quite fast. Older phones spend a lot of time rendering pages. Also, 4G currently seems to be a battery hog so maybe not worth it unless you're plugged in.

Tuffin

Reaction score
I just picked mine up in Auroa, CO. They didnt have it on display and had no accessorys (except for a blue case and screen protectors). 149.99

OP
ocbooger

ocbooger

Reaction score
Ended up finding it a store by my house.... Pretty funny though because the guy I usually deal with at my work was filling in at that store today. Held off on getting it until tomorrow when he's back at his normal store. Said he would try and hook me up with some goodies.

Bamf sense 3.0 RC4 with MR2 radio

VandyDroid

Reaction score
Love, love, love my D3!!!! I got it yesterday and just love everything about it so far!! I am still learning though....:)

OP
ocbooger

ocbooger

Reaction score
If only it had LTE

As someone in another thread pointed out, the phone loads pages really quickly. 3G is actually quite fast. Older phones spend a lot of time rendering pages. Also, 4G currently seems to be a battery hog so maybe not worth it unless you're plugged in.

I have the Thunderbolt and usually get 6-8 hours off of full charge with average use, 4G will kill the battery a lot faster though. As with any smartphone these days though battery life will always be an issue.

Bamf sense 3.0 RC4 with MR2 radio

pedromartinez

Reaction score
Not Until We're Out of Droid 2s

I went to the store today, searched around for the Droid 3--nowhere in sight. So I played with some of the phones for a bit until a representative asked me if I needed help. I asked, "Do you have any Droid 3's?" Her response was, "No, we don't have any and we won't be selling any until we sell all of the Droid 2's." I'm thinking to myself, "Wow? Are they allowed to do that?" This was a Verizon Store in Alexandria, VA.

TDevilsG

Reaction score
I went to the store today, searched around for the Droid 3--nowhere in sight. So I played with some of the phones for a bit until a representative asked me if I needed help. I asked, "Do you have any Droid 3's?" Her response was, "No, we don't have any and we won't be selling any until we sell all of the Droid 2's." I'm thinking to myself, "Wow? Are they allowed to do that?" This was a Verizon Store in Alexandria, VA.

That's awful. They seem to be in the business of losing money. Grab a Droid 3 off the Verizon website, pronto!

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, that really sucks. After reading some of these comments about peoples stores not having them, I was scared mine would either. Especially since my city/state being Lincoln, NE. But, they did so I lucked out. Some people are saying it's 149.99 displayed though mine showed 199.99(picture I took below of the price after activating my phone). But, I still got my business discount with it so got that, a screen protector, and case for 187. If only my brother wasn't the one with the NE2.. woulda been a cheap phone.

2gspbg0.jpg

Last edited:

Darksthour

Reaction score
Seems to me like verizon has once again not told any of the employees anything to keep the release about the phone quiet. Not the employees fault but I do agree a little advertising would be nice. Also could be they are quiet about it so the bionic release is bigger. A 4G phone coming out for probably $100 bucks more. Makes you wonder...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Detonation

Reaction score
Seems to me like verizon has once again not told any of the employees anything to keep the release about the phone quiet. Not the employees fault but I do agree a little advertising would be nice. Also could be they are quiet about it so the bionic release is bigger. A 4G phone coming out for probably $100 bucks more. Makes you wonder...

Yea when I was in the store last week, I was talking to a manager and mentioned the Droid 3 coming out in a few days, and the employee standing by us was like "what!?" and the manager just told him "yea I still have to give you guys the training on that"

Reaction score
Yea when I was in the store last week, I was talking to a manager and mentioned the Droid 3 coming out in a few days, and the employee standing by us was like "what!?" and the manager just told him "yea I still have to give you guys the training on that"

I find it weird that the people who work at Verizon don't know all of the rumors/speculations/release dates of the phones they need to sell. Pretty sure they chose to work there, you would think they'd put some effort in to know what's being released.

But then again, three of the people working at my local store were twiddling away on iPhones when I walked in there so that explains a lot. dancedroid

Beka27

Reaction score
Anf these are the people that folks (not us but other folks) go to for their phone knowledge). It's a little bit sad.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
I bet they are covering it up trying to not make a big stir about it so they can forward all the customers to the Bionic. Has there even been a commercial ad for it?