Has anybody got their Droid from Wirefly.com?

MarkB

Reaction score
Promised to keep this thread updated. I exchanged my Droid through Wirefly and the new one actually works about 10 times better than the first. So time came to do the number porting from AT&T. The Wirefly rep really helped me there too. Verizon messed it up. They ported MY old number to my mother's new dumbphone on our Verizon family plan, and her number to my Droid. Even though I was so clear about how it was supposed to be that they repeated it back to me. So the Wirefly rep arranged a 3 way call with Verizon number porting tech services and we worked it out over the phone, but she was a really great advocate during the process due to her superior knowledge of the situation.

And no, I don't work for Wirefly or anything like that. But in this case I'm certainly glad that I purchased through them. Thank you Terry for your help, and please make sure that Patrice receives my compliments as well.

justsayin

Reaction score
Wirefly

I just ordered my phones last night and today got the email from verizon with the wrong area code already. I used the live chat and the guy from Manilla said he would put in a request to have it changed. Lets see how that goes. Also I was unsure if I am going to be able to port my numbers when my other contract is up in ten days. I sent a PM to Wirefly about it and will post back to let anyone know how it goes if interested.

MarkB

Reaction score
You shouldn't have a problem with the porting, they worked it out for me and I had already used the verizon number for 2 weeks to make sure that the phone itself and verizon service was working well.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I received my droid from wirefly on Monday, and it was activated yesterday. While the time to get the phone and be able to use it wasn't the best(11 days from order), it was simple and the best price for the phone I can find.

justsayin

Reaction score
You shouldn't have a problem with the porting, they worked it out for me and I had already used the verizon number for 2 weeks to make sure that the phone itself and verizon service was working well.

Awesome, that's what I was hoping to hear. Did you use Wirefly to port the #'s?

MarkB

Reaction score
@Erron - wow, 11 days? Were they out of stock or something? Mine was overnight and so was the replacement.

@justsayin - yes and I'm glad that I did. Verizon messed up the port on the first go around and a Wirefly rep put together a 3 way call between herself, the verizon rep and me. She knew more about the porting process than he verizon guy did and she got it sorted out.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am not sure why, but it took me 7 days to receive it and 4 to activate. Doesn't really bug me too much. Free ship, free activation, and $119 for it cannot be beat.

@Erron - wow, 11 days? Were they out of stock or something? Mine was overnight and so was the replacement.

@justsayin - yes and I'm glad that I did. Verizon messed up the port on the first go around and a Wirefly rep put together a 3 way call between herself, the verizon rep and me. She knew more about the porting process than he verizon guy did and she got it sorted out.

justsayin

Reaction score
@justsayin - yes and I'm glad that I did. Verizon messed up the port on the first go around and a Wirefly rep put together a 3 way call between herself, the verizon rep and me. She knew more about the porting process than he verizon guy did and she got it sorted out.[/QUOTE]

Thats great thanks for the info.

CiminoUM5

Reaction score
I ordered my Droid last night from Wirefly, glad to see they've got a CS person on this forum. Can't beat the price....$119 - $50 bing cashback = only $69.99 for a Droid plus free activation is tough to beat. I ordered 2nd business day shipping so I was expecting Monday delivery but my expected delivery date right now is Tuesday, which is a little disappointing....oh well, I guess one extra day won't kill me.

Underdog311

Reaction score
So I specifically registered today after seeing this topic. I just want to say that I used Wirefly about 4 years ago when I purchased a nokia phone on the cingular network. I was a poor college student at the time and they seemed like the cheapest place I could find for the phone I wanted. I ordered it, came in quick, and had not a single issue with the phone.

Time has past and I have gone through a few other phones since. Just last month I decided to switch from ATT to Verizon and get the Droid. Again, after looking for a good deal I opted for Wirefly since I had no problems with them from several years back. Again, my phone came in quickly, no issues whatsoever, and now I am a happy droid owner on a fantastic network (Verizon is just so much better then ATT, its amazing I lasted so long on their network).

So there ya go, hope that helps some people that may consider buying from Wirefly. Just one last thing to note though is that I have never had to use their customer service because there has been no need, so I can't actually rate that.

Cheers.

Jcat04

Reaction score
My experience was great and they were very helpful.
Good news is I saved a butt load on my insurance:icon_eek: But seriously they saved me money and in todays economy that is the key

Thanks Wirefly....

justsayin

Reaction score
so far one of my two phones has shipped from them. It still has the wrong area code. I have sent an email and did the live chat and still no joy. I am not too upset. I know it will get straightened out. Plus 119.00 for the phone and free activation helps.

Jcat04

Reaction score
Call your carrier IE. verizon I did because nextel did not release my number. They were very helpful and fixed while waiting on the line.

Hope it works out for ya. ;)

huskermaniac

Reaction score
Buying a motorola droid 2 as a replacement

Hey if i buy a motorola droid 2 as a replacement will that $550.00 be per month or just for that phone? and also will there be an activation fee with verizon?