Hardware Specs for Google Glass: Dual-Core Chip, 1GB Ram, 16GB Storage & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-glass-closeup.png

Previously, we shared Google's release of the basic features & specs of Google Glass. The info they shared was a bit limited because it didn't share some of the specifics of the internal hardware. Today, the full hardware specs of the current generation of Google Glass have been shared by one of the developers who has the device already. Here's a quote followed by a full breakdown,

I’m a geek and it’s still awesome to nerd out on the guts. +Liam McLoughlin (Hexxeh) also found the USB debugging setting and got ADB working (looks like it was broken on my primary machine). Once I got it working I pulled up some details about Glass. Key points are:

* It’s running Android 4.0.4 – Ice Cream Sandwich – just as Larry Page said
* It’s an OMAP 4430 CPU – Dual Core? – Having trouble finding exact mhz
* There’s 682mb of RAM (678052kb reported in /proc/meminfo). Kernel messages lead me to believe it’s actually 1gb but some is being used for other hardware purposes(?)

Based upon this additional shared info and Google's previous release of specs, here is a full breakdown:
  • TI OMAP Dual-Core 4430 processor, (same CPU as the original Kindle Fire and DROID RAZR)
  • 1GB of RAM (682MB Useable)
  • Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
  • Adjustable nosepads and durable frame fits any face
  • Extra nosepads in two sizes
  • High resolution display is the equivalent of a 25 inch high definition screen from eight feet away (actual resolution = 640 x 360)
  • 5 MP Camera with 720p video
  • Bone Conduction Transducer
  • Wifi - 802.11b/g
  • Bluetooth
  • 12 GB of usable memory, synced with Google cloud storage, and some used by the system (16 GB total)
  • One full day of battery use, although we still don't know the specific numbers on this yet (Some features, like Hangouts and video recording, are more battery intensive)
  • Included Micro USB cable and charger.
  • The MyGlass companion app requires Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or higher - MyGlass enables GPS and SMS messaging
These specs look intriguing, but it's also important to point out that the final specs (especially the version of Android) are likely to change before the final retail versions of the product start hitting retail shelves.

Source: 9to5Google

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
So....lets record the world with only 16 gigs of storage....12 usable. It doesn't mention if it does or doesn't have a MicroSD card slot. I'm guessing it doesn't.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm guessing you can upload media to your G+ account. I want one!

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. In the post above the specs indicate: 12 GB of usable memory, synced with Google cloud storage, and some used by the system (16 GB total)

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Nerds beware, this will NOT get you laid. I'm surprised the entire cast of Big Bang Theory isn't already wearing them...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yep. In the post above the specs indicate: 12 GB of usable memory, synced with Google cloud storage, and some used by the system (16 GB total)
lol how'd I miss that detail