Official Galaxy Nexus Specs Unveiled Ahead of Event

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-nexus-specs.png

It looks like the official specs for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus device have been leaked ahead of the big Samsung/Google event. It would appear that there are a lot of holes in Samsung's marketing department ship. That's just good news for us folks that are addicted to new technology info. Here is a breakdown of the specs as listed on the leaked pic:

• Processor: 1.2GHz Dual Core Processor
  • Display: 4.65 1280x720 HD Super AMOLED
  • Rear Camera: 5MP AF with LED Flash with zero shutter lag and fast shot2shot
  • Front Camera: 1.3MP for Video Call
  • Connectivity: Bluetooth v3.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 A/B/G/N, NFC
  • Sensor: Accelerometer, Compass, Gyro, Light, Proximity, Barometer
  • Member: 1GB Ram + 16GB/32GB Internal Memory
  • Size: 135.5 x 67.96 x 8.9mm, 135g
  • Battery: Standard Battery, Li-Ion 1.750mAh

This looks like a pretty powerful device. It may not be quite as super-high-end as the recently unveiled Moto Droid RAZR, but it is still solid for the first Ice Cream Sandwich phone! What do you guys think?

Reminder, you can watch the event live here: androiddevelopers's Channel - YouTube
Source: PhanDroid

astokes

Reaction score
Holy 4.65 inches batman! Battery a little under powered though?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those are some pretty juicy specs! I just want ICS on my Bionic and if that doesn't happen soon....I might have myself a new Samsung. dancedroid

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate it when they dont announce what the processor is! i think we all know itl be dual core and 1.2ghz but which processor is it? Like here is an HDTV it plays 1080p movies....ok? What the model of it!!!!@

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I hate it when they dont announce what the processor is! i think we all know itl be dual core and 1.2ghz but which processor is it? Like here is an HDTV it plays 1080p movies....ok? What the model of it!!!!@

I thought it was an OMAP.

I wonder if it's the same OMAP in the Razr.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Is that a 16gig internal + 32gig SD = 48ggs of storage?

The camera is interesting - could have sworn testers in the wild said it was 8mp...Quality is supposed to be comparable to the IPhone, and that matters more than mp. Still, knowing it will cost $299 I'm wondering a bit where the cost is as the processor may not be anything special and the camera is only 5mp - only the display appears to be an upgrade/high-end component.

Perhaps there are a few surprises in store for us...

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is that a 16gig internal + 32gig SD = 48ggs of storage?

The camera is interesting - could have sworn testers in the wild said it was 8mp...Quality is supposed to be comparable to the IPhone, and that matters more than mp. Still, knowing it will cost $299 I'm wondering a bit where the cost is as the processor may not be anything special and the camera is only 5mp - only the display appears to be an upgrade/high-end component.

Perhaps there are a few surprises in store for us...
Do you plan on making really large prints from your phone or something that you need all 8mp? If so you might be better off with an actual camera. But Samsung's camera's are comparable to Apple's (I love how Sony is making the sensors in the 4S).