Official Galaxy Nexus Specs Unveiled Ahead of Event

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Couldn't just check the weather? What do you really need a barometer for??? How's it really going to help you? I just think it's weird, that's all.

Maybe it's for bragging rights?

VTX

Reaction score
Didn't think about that. Nice catch, but wouldn't that be more of a niche thing?

I might not be the right guy to ask. Long range shooting is something I'm really in to, so to me it seems like there are lots of guys using those types of apps.

But probably compared to all the users out there it is a pretty small niche.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Did anyone notice him say the HSPA+ model is 8.94mm thick but gave no mention to the LTE model?

Considering how thin the DROID Razr is and how Samsung likes to make things thin. I'd think they'd have it the same thickness. For both the HSPA+ model and LTE.

Steve

Reaction score
Maybe but not anytime soon. Watch the event and you'll find out when everyone else does.

androiddevelopers's Channel - YouTube
galaxy-nexus-specs.png It has the same specs as the Samsung Galaxy Note which is the phone I want but someone here had said it was going to go to AT&T because it has the GSM not CDMA.

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I'm sold. This will be my next phone. The current demonstration of ICS is absolutely amazing.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'm sold. This will be my next phone. The current demonstration of ICS is absolutely amazing.

I like the face unlock feature.

Even if it didn't work well in the demo.

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I like the face unlock feature.

Even if it didn't work well in the demo.

He tried to play it off well. It looked like it never reset after not recognizing the first guy. I think I am most impressed with the ability to flick away notifications and running applications. I was also extremely impressed with the data usage feature and the ability to limit an apps ability to run in the background. The no-lag shutter is also pretty amazing.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
He tried to play it off well. It looked like it never reset after not recognizing the first guy. I think I am most impressed with the ability to flick away notifications and running applications. I was also extremely impressed with the data usage feature and the ability to limit an apps ability to run in the background. The no-lag shutter is also pretty amazing.

The flicking stuff was cool on WebOS. Hopefully it's just as good in ICS.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Now I've said it several times and I'll say it again, Google is starting to lead the pack for innovation!

Yup. Hopefully the OEMs will push out ICS to their devices soon.:happy:

otmlb1128

Reaction score
In what way is it not "quite as super-high-end as the recently unveiled Moto Droid RAZR?"