Hard to Hang Up Phone

NewArtDroid

Reaction score
I saw this posted on other website, but thought I'd post it here.

I have a hard time hanging up the Droid after a call. When I pull it away from my year, it goes blank in about 1 second. I have to keep pushing the power button, and hit the end call quickly. Is there a way to change that setting?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw this posted on other website, but thought I'd post it here.

I have a hard time hanging up the Droid after a call. When I pull it away from my year, it goes blank in about 1 second. I have to keep pushing the power button, and hit the end call quickly. Is there a way to change that setting?

Sounds like the app Screebl would be what you need. It shouldn't go black on you that quickly but Screebl will prevent that from happening. It's free in the market.

ShowTime

Reaction score
When you're done with a call and you pull the phone away from your ear and just look at it, it wakes up and then goes black again within a second on its own? Or does it go black at the end of a call when you put your hand near it to try and end the call? Sometimes people run in to problems trying to check notifications or use other buttons on the screen while in a call because the sensor turns the screen black when their finger gets too close.

rbramwell

Reaction score
Besides being hard to hang up a Droid every-time I get a call I end up hanging up on

Besides being hard to hang up a Droid every-time I get a call I end up hanging up on them or the keypad buttons start firing as my ear touches the Droid screen.
This is now my second Droid so I don't believe it's a bad phone.
Really like the phone if I don't have to talk to anyone, but what good is a phone that continually hangs up on people. Hate to say it but Droid really sucks in this area. I would say this is a big problem for Droid.
Want to try the Iphone due to this problem. Sorry Droid isn't for long hair.

toddj

Reaction score
Besides being hard to hang up a Droid every-time I get a call I end up hanging up on them or the keypad buttons start firing as my ear touches the Droid screen.
This is now my second Droid so I don't believe it's a bad phone.
Really like the phone if I don't have to talk to anyone, but what good is a phone that continually hangs up on people. Hate to say it but Droid really sucks in this area. I would say this is a big problem for Droid.
Want to try the Iphone due to this problem. Sorry Droid isn't for long hair.
Sounds far more annoying than the problem i've been having.
I can't hang up period, my proximity sensor thinks something is close to it at all times. I've tried cleaning it (blah blah blah) and it never works.

@your iphone comment
My friend had one for a while, it was an older model so I'm not sure this still applies at all. Whenever she would hold the phone with her shoulder, she would end up muting herself because it was more of an accelerometer than a proximity thing. so when the phone was level the screen would come on and she could press buttons with her ear/cheek/whatever.

Just something to keep in mind before making a switch like that