Handcent SMS not showing in Thread

texasgirl

Reaction score
Help! All of a sudden there are certain contact's that their SMS messages that are not showing up in the main thread. I can go to the stock message app and find it. I can also go to that particular contact in my phone's contacts and find the conversation list. It just doesn't show up in the main thread of Handcent. I have deleted the contact from my phone and added it back. I have deleted it from my phone then added it to my contacts in my gmail from my computer. Do I have something set wrong?!? I have synced and un-synced, deleted, added back, anything I can think of slight of uninstalling the handcent app and reinstalling!!! Basically I am getting very frustrated! Any advice would be much appreciated!

Bobbyjams

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue. Just started yesterday when I installed JuiceDefender. I've removed the app, rebooted but still the problem exists.

Any help would be appreciated.

rootajb

Reaction score
I was having the same problem, but I did not want to have to re-install handcent.

After some searching it appears that people were getting "blacklisted". Here is the link about handcent blacklists: FAQ

The only thing that I can assume was happening is that the quick txt box would pop up when the phone was in my pocket and randomly it would click settings and blacklist for the sender. It was about 3 clicks to actually blacklist somebody.

So to undo the blacklisting, I went into
"settings"->"security & privacy"->"show black list"
Then went back to the home page and saw the missing txt threads. They were highlighted. Then I long clicked on the thread and a menu popped up. I clicked unblacklist and they were back in the thread list.

Hope this helps somebody else too.

vedhed21

Reaction score
Usually a lurker, but I registered just to say thanks. Your post told me exactly how to solve my problem. Pretty good too since it was my girl that had been blacklisted!

Sammy Boy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I know it's nearly 3yrs old thread, but I just wanted to say many thanks for this great information-it had been driving me mad for a couple of days!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I know it's nearly 3yrs old thread, but I just wanted to say many thanks for this great information-it had been driving me mad for a couple of days!!
I'm very happy to hear. A lot about Android in its original form is still contained the kernel but a lot has been upgraded. Still there could easily be solutions to new problems caused by new apps or changes to the kernel that affect how any remaining old code acts.

Thanks for letting us know that this thread has been helpful.