Handcent not showing contact pictures

dizzy08

Reaction score
Did a search and was unable to find an answer, hoping someone can help.

I have Handcent set up to show my contacts picture in the conversation. However it wont show at all. It also does not show in the list of all messages either. ( to the left of the contacts name)

Anyone else have this problem? Or advice on how to fix, would be appreciated. Thanks!

mikedav1

Reaction score
Are you running another email client, such as Touchdown? I had that problem with touchdown bringing my contacts in. On contacts, i deleted the touchdown sync and then went into touchdown and clicked to copy contacts to phone. Once this was done, I have pics all over in handcent and contacts. You also need to sync to gmail account, but this is a given I think.

dawningmoment

Reaction score
OK, actually that link I posted didn't answer my question. I tried signing in and out of facebook, resetting sync, and still I'm missing contacts and they don't display in convos. I'm also not running anyother email clients, but thanks for the suggestion. The funny thing is my contact list in the contacts app is synced with pictures showing, but not specifically in handcent. Any other thoughts from anyone?

Last edited:

eurobass

Reaction score
I just registered for this site just to reply to this. I had the same issue with Handcent. Some of my contact images would show up, while others wouldn't. All my contacts are linked through google, but there were some that were also coming up through Motoblur.

It turned out that the contacts that were Linked Google-Motoblur wouldnt display the contact photos in Handcent.

What I did was unlink them and delete the motoblur contact, leaving the google contact.

This solved my issue.