had to file claim with Asurion

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Howdy,

Dropped my Droid 1 off my boat in deep water so its a gone'er ( fish fone )
Next morning filed claim on line with Asurion and had replacement Droid 1 next day around 5PM.
Replacement seemed good except for slider was real loose on bottom part of slider, ( near Mic ) would move easy about 1 inch causing screen to come on while in your pocket and real sloppy when open using the hard key board. real pain !
Called Asurion and they are sending another phone due next day.

Replacement came with Android version 2.2.1, Baseband Version C_01.43.01P Kernel version 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5 android-build@apa26#1
Build # FRG83D So guess wait and see how replacement #2 is?

OP
obxsalvo

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Okay, 2nd D1 seems to be working fine after a bit of a SNAFU with it ( both replacements ) not connecting to wifi very long. Would connect then disconnect ..seach.. connect..for ever!! So I stopped regrouped and went to router reset it rechecked password ...Humm looks like ... Dumb ME Dumb ME etc. put wrong password in ( hang my head ) after correct password worked as advertised and as fish fone did.
So Slider opens and locks in place hard key board seems fine display has no lag ( old one had a bit of a lag on first 2 swipes then worked fine ) in fact seems to be fasted and smoother than old phone. Both phones came with wall charger, Battery, and battery cover and within 24 hrs of making the claim. So other than having a cretin trying to work the phone seems I got a good replacement. ( knock on wood (( with my head)) )

dan j

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what they're replacing the D1 with? Is the DX or D2 still an option?

Thanks

B-Unit

Reaction score
*Does happy dance*

My USB port has apparently died on my OG Droid and I was scared I was going to be forced into a D2. Glad to hear that they are still sending out OG Droids.

OP
obxsalvo

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
As of the date of my post that's how it worked for me.

OP
obxsalvo

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Yes, mine was $50.00 for 1st phone nothing for second on because it was under their warranty.