Had Enough, Need some insight

st3V3

Reaction score
So tomorrow Verizon will be shipping out not my 2nd but my 3rd droid in 9 months! :icon_evil:

I cannot believe how short these things last!

First Droid:
- Issues with run speed
- Not sending txts
- Failure to open apps

Second Droid:
- Speaker and Microphone stopped functioning, I could start a call, but neither I nor the recipient could hear a thing.
- Alarm wouldn't turn off in the mornings by any button I pressed, also the sound would be loud then quiet then loud etc

So really I debating getting something else come my upgrade, but I really have about had it with the Android system. Weather it actually is the system or just how my 1st edition Droid handles it.

What I need in a phone:
- Physical Keyboard
- Good camera (5MP+)
- FAST operation

I'm in college and have a girlfriend 4 hours away plus I keep in touch with family and friends regularly. I need something that can keep up, I'm tired of typing out a text only to see the cursor is far behind what I just wrote. Or to click on an app and nothing happen for over a minute.

Pretty much its down to some variation of Android or iPhone, and honestly the iPhone 5th gen is looking pretty promising....

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
wow....only 3? lucky you....I am on my 9th Droid 2. Why not a Tbolt or D2, DX, D2G, any of those would be great I would think. Have you rooted your Droids? I went through 8 Droid 2's before I finally rooted.....haven't had a single issue I couldn't fix since.

OP
S

st3V3

Reaction score
wow....only 3? lucky you....I am on my 9th Droid 2. Why not a Tbolt or D2, DX, D2G, any of those would be great I would think. Have you rooted your Droids? I went through 8 Droid 2's before I finally rooted.....haven't had a single issue I couldn't fix since.

No I haven't rooted any of them. First off my primary computer is a Macbook Pro and I would think that cannot root. Also knowing my luck the root would be the cause of the next issue.

But I'm basically done keeping these things in pristine condition and hoping for the best, if I can root on Mac let me know!

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Z4Root.....oneclick root for you and you need no computer to do it. I will try and find a link....maybe someone else can post one as it is hard for me to do this from work computer.