Need some opinions on upgrading

megawatz

Reaction score
Hey all,

I know there are probably craptons of these threads but Id rather use a new thread than ressurect someone elses.

I've had my moto droid for quite a while. I usually switch phones out every 3 months because I like to try something new. Here's the issue, I love my droid, and I love Android. HOWEVER, I just recently got some extra cash flow, and wanted to upgrade to a newer phone.

Min you, I've had mine rooted since the 2nd day I got it. Been running on 1Ghz, tried many different themes and LOVING MIUI right now. I'm pretty heavily into updating my phone with new versions of ROMs that come out, yadda yadda.

So my ultimate question is....should I upgrade to something newer that actually runs stock at 1Ghz? Or stick with my Droid 1 buy an extended battery for it, and run it 'till it's completely outdated and keep the cash? TIA

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just upgraded to the X. I love it. I plan on rooting it soon if I don't decide to get the Droid Incredible HD. There's more to play with on a newer phone. That's just my opinion. If you'd rather keep your droid until its dead then do that. I wanted to use my upgrade to keep me current. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk