Guy Builds Case That Allows iPhone To Run Android!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Today in SIIIIIIIICKKKKKK news Tendigi just released a video showcasing a case made for the iPhone which allows it to run a special version of Marshmallow. Technically the iPhone is still running iOS. The case includes a custom 3D printed silicone housing. On the inside sits a circuit board which runs Android. The whole contraption connects to the iPhone with a lightning cable.

There is a special app that runs on the iPhone which allows it to communicate with the mini computer housed in the case. Tendigi was also the first dev studio to get Windows 95 running on an apple watch. There is no plan to release this awesome piece of tech. This serves more of a proof of concept.

via Tendigi

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Very cool piece. Not sure I can see any value or use in it but pretty sweet none the less.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

adaro

Banned
Reaction score
it's good to know how far they can go, but apart from that this solution is useless

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Crazy that has been the only work around. People have gotten Windows phones to run Android and worst case you can get Win and iOS styling and functionality on Android, but no dice of any kind running something different on iOS.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yeah, iOS is so radically different and so locked down that it's not much different than a one-way street. You can go down the wrong way but it's difficult, not very productive and not elegant either.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk