Gummy ICS

shaggykid

Reaction score
So I'm trying to make sure that flashing this rom won't cause me any headaches. After reading the info here...

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21310-droidxbeta/

It says that it is based off of 4.0.4

Does that mean that you have to flash it over 4.0.4?

But then I was thinking how can that be when the DX is not supposed to officially get a 4.0.4 upgrade?

I guess I am just generally confused.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Savagerun

Reaction score
You can flash it that just means its based off of 4.0.4 ics. Its an ics rom.

OP
S

shaggykid

Reaction score
Okay that's pretty much what I thought. Just really wanted to make sure. I will.need to flash the latest ics gapps along with it correct?

OP
S

shaggykid

Reaction score
Awesome that's the one I downloaded. Okay. Well I'm off to flash a new rom. If you don't hear back.from me something went wrong lol

OP
S

shaggykid

Reaction score
I have no idea how I lived before having ics on my phone! The smoothness of it. The look and feel. Everything!

Savagerun

Reaction score
Lol...yeah after ics everything else is boring. You gotta try aokp rom sometime also , thats my favorite ics rom but they are all great.

OP
S

shaggykid

Reaction score
Lol...yeah after ics everything else is boring. You gotta try aokp rom sometime also , thats my favorite ics rom but they are all great.

Ya I saw your link for the aokp from on another thread. I wanna try it out but I want to get this rom all set up and backed up. So I can jump back if I have a problem.

What is it that makes you like it better than other ics roms?

Sent from your mom's house using my Droid X

Savagerun

Reaction score
Ya I saw your link for the aokp from on another thread. I wanna try it out but I want to get this rom all set up and backed up. So I can jump back if I have a problem.

What is it that makes you like it better than other ics roms?

It has some nice extra customizations in the rom control settings not available on the other ics roms.
Don't get me wrong gummy rocks also.

OP
S

shaggykid

Reaction score
Well once I finish setting up everything to my liking I'll probably flash aopk. Just to check it out and then I'll decide which one I really like.

Okay here is another question. I want to try to use the icons from a few of GO Launcher themes I used before. But I can't access the icons unless I run GO Launcher, which I really don't want to do.

Any ideas?

Savagerun

Reaction score
Yeah that's the way to do it try all the ics roms and decide for yourself which one fits you. On your icon question im not sure never really used any of themes but i thought there was an app you could use to pull icons from different launchers but i cant remember what it was called . Maybe someone else knows and will fill you in, not something i ever looked in to.

OP
S

shaggykid

Reaction score
I'll definitely be switching to AOKP today. Battery life on Gummy is sucking.

Savagerun

Reaction score
You should probably run it a few days before judging battery life on any rom. Most of these ics roms are probably pretty much the same on battery life but yeah by all means check out aokp too. Ive ran roms which battery life wasn't good at first but after a few days improved.

OP
S

shaggykid

Reaction score
Okay. It just seemed such a drastic change. I was getting 2 days of charge on stock an Vortex Reloaded and now I've nearly gone down 20% in 3 hours. But I'll give it a couple more days.

Savagerun

Reaction score
Yeah i forgot you came from vortex and i could see why your shocked lol...there's not a rom out there better on battery than vortex so don't expect to even come close to what you were getting on any of these ics roms. I don't worry much about battery life anymore i just accept what it is if i really like the rom. If battery life is top priority for you then yes vortex is the rom you want.