(GUIDE) how to root DINC2 2.3.3

OP
estafusisx

estafusisx

Reaction score
I have redownloaded the revolutionary program quite a few times and it never changes. I have tried the 30 mins but it hasn't changed in anyway.

Just making sure you have a Droid incredible 2 with android version 2.3.3 (check about phone in settings)

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Using the factory data cable that came with phone? It's been the culprit in a few issues when using other than factory cables...

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

sjpritch25

Reaction score
Sorry for being a couple days late and i'm sure by now you've either gave up or figured it out but i would suggest waiting about 30 mins b4 messing with this process to make sure it just isn't going to work, then just exiting the command window and trying again. If it still doesn't work i would re-download the revolutionary.exe and see if that helps.

You need to uninstall HTC sync. I had the same issue because i forgot too.

OP
estafusisx

estafusisx

Reaction score
You need to uninstall HTC sync. I had the same issue because i forgot too.

I haven't heard of that causing any problems. If it works it'll sure be good to know lol

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
So I finally decided to take the plunge.
Forgot that my phone is 2.3.4 and this method will not work.

Just so others know don't try this on a 2.3.4 yet.

ygreenes

Reaction score
ok thank you i saw that so i knew its safe to root. i did it all down from 2.3.4 BUT im stuck on flashing CWM. after flashing i try to run recovery and it gets stuck on the htc screen until battery pull. any help would be much appreciated.

TDubKong

Reaction score
Im having the same problem. My computer wont recognize my phone at all. Tried both ways that was suggested and neither of them worked for me. Any help would be appreciated. I need to be able to connect to my laptop. thank you

sjpritch25

Reaction score
ok thank you i saw that so i knew its safe to root. i did it all down from 2.3.4 BUT im stuck on flashing CWM. after flashing i try to run recovery and it gets stuck on the htc screen until battery pull. any help would be much appreciated.

Are you talking about after running revolutionary? Did it install recovery successfully? If not, just run revolutionary again. It will skip s-off and ask you if you want to flash recovery. I never had any issues, just make sure your connected to the internet on your pc. I've done to two phones. we can do it manually too, but adb will need to be installed.

TDubKong

Reaction score
I solved my problem by switching my ROM out. I rewiped cache and dalvik then I installed a new one and my laptop recognized it.

Era4764

Reaction score
Looking for help. I downloaded revolutionary. Got the beta key. I entered the key as requested and it didn't work. What can I do to make the program work.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums