Guess I need to sbf?

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Hmm, I have a d2g that is currently running liberty 1.5 using the d2gromerv6. I HAD nandroid backups of stock, a couple of fission 2.4.3, and 1 of liberty. I was needing space one night so I deleted all of the backups other than stock and liberty. I thought I copied them to my desktop but apparently not because I can't find them anywhere.

I wanted to go back to Fission for a few so I did a wipe of cache and data and installed 2.4.3 from FRM full. It goes through the process but I end up stuck at the M logo forever. I've tried numerous things I've found in other threads but nothing works. I've done battery pulls, wiped cache and data after rebooting..still ends up stuck at M. This has happened about 3 times but so far everytime I reboot it boots me into clockwork and I can successfully flash a nandroid from there. I'm guessing I need to suck it up and flash the SBF and then try the fission install? Or am I missing something? I've followed the same instructions from defuse's site that I did the first time I installed fission, minus the prior nandroid backup.

zwisslerd

Reaction score
Have you used Koush's Bootstrapper? You can get it for $2 on the market, or for free on his site.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Have you used Koush's Bootstrapper? You can get it for $2 on the market, or for free on his site.

yeah, that's what I am using but thanks for trying.

Patgt500

Reaction score
After flashing liberty you will have to sbf, no ways around it. Sorry.

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
After flashing liberty you will have to sbf, no ways around it. Sorry.

Ok, thanks but any explanation on why that is? I am just not looking forward to using the sbf and rsdlite again...especially when my phone is working at the moment. I had to do it once before and it took about 5 attempts and borrowing my wife's d2g battery, and a lot of worrying for about an hour or so. Guess I will probably give it a go tomorrow after work though. Thanks for the reply.

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Hmm, I also just noticed that for some reason my bootstrap recovery icon is missing from my d2g. I can't find it in the apps drawer or under settings>applications>manage... I have done a lot of flashing nandroid backups lately and I figured maybe I needed to re-install it. I browsed to droid bootstrapper on my sd card and went to install it but it said it was already installed and would overwrite the existing application if I went ahead with it. I clicked ok and it installed and then I clicked open and it took me to recovery. Still no icon anywhere on the phone though. The only way I can get to recovery while phone is on is to go through the re-install method above. Kind of a small pain but not unbearable.. it is strange though. Anyone?

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Try uninstalling bootstrapper then reinstalling it.

Thanks, I was about to try your suggestion when I thought how am I supposed to un-install it if I can't find it anywhere on my phone? lol So I browsed to it again on my sdcard and the only option was to install again so I did and this time when I booted into it after install, I clicked bootstrap recovery and when I backed out, the icon was back and it would allow me to boot into clockwork. I only remember clicking the bootstrap recovery button the one time when I originally flashed fission quite awhile back. Am I supposed to click it whenever I open the program? Or just after I sbf or flash to a backup that bootstrapper wasn't previously installed, and then I install it?

leobg

Reaction score
Yes, you need to SBF it. Nothing scary about doing SBF. If you are stuck on M logo, that's usually the cure. Takes 10 minutes and you are back in business :)

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Yes, you need to SBF it. Nothing scary about doing SBF. If you are stuck on M logo, that's usually the cure. Takes 10 minutes and you are back in business :)

I hear ya. My first and only experience with SBf was kinda scary but will definitely try again tonight. Thanks

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
I'll be posting a complete stock 2.4.330 deodexed rom in the Get-R-Done section tonight or tomorrow (still having it tested before we release it). That will save you from sbfing after trying a D2 rom. Also a nandroid restore should fix yah as well (edit: I now read your first post and see that, that wasn't an option...)

What happens here is that flashing fission doesn't overwrite 2 D2 /system/lib files that are needed for the D2 frameworks.

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
I'll be posting a complete stock 2.4.330 deodexed rom in the Get-R-Done section tonight or tomorrow (still having it tested before we release it). That will save you from sbfing after trying a D2 rom. Also a nandroid restore should fix yah as well (edit: I now read your first post and see that, that wasn't an option...)

What happens here is that flashing fission doesn't overwrite 2 D2 /system/lib files that are needed for the D2 frameworks.

Ah, thanks buryboi. I was just a little wary of sbf'ing again since my first attempts caused severe nail biting. I gave it a go right when I got home from work and had no issues this time... well, other than the manually boot up phone thing. Much better than Fail, which is what I saw about 4 times during my last attempt. I look forward to the ROM. Thanks to you and everyone involved with Team Get R Done.