Stuck at boot anim after fission...

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I need help! Using FRM lite, i downloaded fission 2.4.3., added it to the install queue, and installed...

The phone booted up into cwm and began to run the install, after about 3 minutes it rebooted and got past the m logo, but (i have the standard boot anim removed) at the blue/silver flashing android logo, it would just continuously repeat.

Backing up to my nandroid was fine (although a p.i.m.a), and after making sure the installer files weren't corrupt, i plugged my phone into charger and tried again. Same issue, same results, had to nandroid once more.

Am i missing something in the process? First time flashing a ROM, and i figured it would be pretty straight forward.

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

FC127

Reaction score
Are you choosing to wipe data before you tap install?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
kptphalkon

kptphalkon

Reaction score
That depends lol...does wiping data also clear the sd card?

Because i am sure i hit wipe data, but my sd card still has all my files...

(Total noob feeling)

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

FC127

Reaction score
No, this has nothing to do with your SD card... make sure next time you are in fission rom manager that, when on the install queue screen, you tap the drop down box at the top that says don't wipe and change it to wipe data (or something to that effect).

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
kptphalkon

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Ok, ok, i feel ashamed of myself for not wiping data lol
I am now running fission 2.4.3 without a hitch! Thanks a lot guys!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

derhannes1983

Reaction score
Hello!

I got the same problem as kptphalkon, but I cannot solve it.

I tried the following:

• Downloading the ROM via Fission ROM Manager, selecting Wipe Data + Cache, rebooting then, installing -> stuck at the setup page reloading over and over again...

• Downloading the ROM via Fission ROM Manager, rebooting manually into the CLockwork recovery, factory reset, wiping cache dalvik and battery cache, installing the zip from the SD card -> stuck at the setup page reloading over and over again...
If this would be my first flashing of anything, I wouldn't care... but I had a Desire for 1 year now and flashed ROMs and radio ROMs and things twice a week cause I like to customize and try new ROMs.

So.. What the hell am I doing wrong??? :angry::icon_ nono2::shocked:

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
Hello!

I got the same problem as kptphalkon, but I cannot solve it.

I tried the following:

• Downloading the ROM via Fission ROM Manager, selecting Wipe Data + Cache, rebooting then, installing -> stuck at the setup page reloading over and over again...
  • Downloading the ROM via Fission ROM Manager, rebooting manually into the CLockwork recovery, factory reset, wiping cache dalvik and battery cache, installing the zip from the SD card -> stuck at the setup page reloading over and over again...
If this would be my first flashing of anything, I wouldn't care... but I had a Desire for 1 year now and flashed ROMs and radio ROMs and things twice a week cause I like to customize and try new ROMs.

So.. What the hell am I doing wrong??? :angry::icon_ nono2::shocked:
have you tried wipeing the data and cache thru stock recovery?

wilboy

Reaction score
Did someone mentioned to pull the battery out and back in??Sometimes it 'll do the trick!! Jaz my 2cents :)

Asphyx

Reaction score
have you tried wipeing the data and cache thru stock recovery?

Yes, same as before. Does it matter that I am using it in Germany or something?

Sounds like it didn't flash correctly.

Try flashing back to stock with RSDLite and the stock SBF and try again.

It will take a bit of time to finish when flashing Fission and any interuption can cause it to fail.

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
yea try to reflash it and sit with it so you can push the up arrow so the phone goes back into bootloader when the phone reboots so rsd lite passes it. Also make sure you have rsd lite 4.9 and all drivers to go with it, then reflash and hope for the best

derhannes1983

Reaction score
Hey guys

thx for ur help so far. Flashing with RSD lite 4.9 worked, but I still get stuck at the settings page where you start setting up the device, then the Android title (the silver shiny one) appears for some seconds, then the setup screen with the green Android to touch, and that again and again...

Tried everything, dunno what to do..

btw, is there another working rom for me? The deodexed stock ROM works, too, that is what I got atm dancedroid

zero7404

Reaction score
i ran into a similar snag when reverting back to the stock rom via sbf/rsdlite. did a battery pull, loaded into recovery, cleaned out data/cache, then loaded up fine

posted via android

derhannes1983

Reaction score
This fking piece of scrap metal is getting on my nerves... No chance to come to the Fission ROM, I always end up in reboots at the setup screen... No idea what is going wrong. Downloaded the ROM 3 times now, no success. Did wipes 3 times, original system wipe and Clockwork wipe.

No idea what to do, I think i will return it to the one who sold it to me or sell it with ebay... damnit.