Fission Problems

biknut1

Reaction score
Last weekend I SBF'ed my phone for the first time. All seemed to have gone well, phone booted up later. But since that time I have had some minor issues such as-

When installing Fission from FRM it hangs in Fire 2 bootloop. I can only install an earlier backup to get it to run successfully.
Bluetooth will not turn on now.
In Settings, I place phone on vibrate except calls and alarms. When I reboot the phone, it goes back to default.

I SBF'ed again tonight, same issues thus far.

Wondering why I can't reinstall Fission since SBF, as I would like to do a clean install. I wiped cache and data before SBF, unrooted with z4Root, re-rooted with z4Root. When I start up FRM after SBF, I wipe cache again. Still boot loops in Fire 2 boot-loop.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks!

jcl197

Reaction score
Have you tried a manual install of fission from zip file?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jcl197

Reaction score
You didnt mention it but i assume that you are installing Droid 2 Bootstrapper after rooting your phone and installing Bootstrap Recovery prior to attempting to use FRM.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
make sure to update to the .340 ota before going to fission. It updates BT and the cache from it is different than the .20 cache from the sbf (hence the bootloop, they arent compatible).

chrisl20

Reaction score
How much stuff are you throwing on to the frm install queue? When I tried doing more than one at once after an sbf and ota update it took me to a bootloop, I just re-sbfd then redl'd the ota update and then tried installing them Han Solo style, worked perfect for me...getting ready to sbf again tho so I can catch the ota url w a logcat

OP
B

biknut1

Reaction score
Strapping

You didnt mention it but i assume that you are installing Droid 2 Bootstrapper after rooting your phone and installing Bootstrap Recovery prior to attempting to use FRM.

Sorry- I didn't leave enough info because my brain was fried from working with this thing for 3 hours!

Yes, I did run Bootstrapper on it. Everything went great until boot-up.

OP
B

biknut1

Reaction score
Stuff

How much stuff are you throwing on to the frm install queue? When I tried doing more than one at once after an sbf and ota update it took me to a bootloop, I just re-sbfd then redl'd the ota update and then tried installing them Han Solo style, worked perfect for me...getting ready to sbf again tho so I can catch the ota url w a logcat

I tried maybe 6-8 different things to download with it. I have reinstalled Fission before, and it never has been a problem until after I SBF'ed. I'm thinking you and 13th are on to something with the OTA. Going to try that next, but probably not until next weekend.

OP
B

biknut1

Reaction score
Ota

make sure to update to the .340 ota before going to fission. It updates BT and the cache from it is different than the .20 cache from the sbf (hence the bootloop, they arent compatible).

Thinking you might be on to something here! I have reflashed Fission maybe 4 times before. Loaded too many themes and they were overlaying each other. So I cleared the cache and one time even the data and reflashed. Hadn't had any problems doing that until SBF. But the OTA idea makes sense, so I'll try that next weekend.

BTW- you are talking about the .340 OTA from Verizon, or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help!

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yes, thats what im talking about. It changes a few files that fission relies on so it makes sense that if you arent on it then it wouldnt work.

OP
B

biknut1

Reaction score
OTA's

Yes, thats what im talking about. It changes a few files that fission relies on so it makes sense that if you arent on it then it wouldnt work.

Thanks Man! I'll give that a try when I get time. If I recall correctly, I can "ask" for an update in Settings, but I forgot where at. Can you direct me there (one last time!)?

xPhoenix777

Reaction score
I am not seeing ANYTHING online about the .340 update for the Droid 2 Global... The Droid X, yes, but the D2G is still .330