Contact Problems

Pharrit

Reaction score
So i flashed Fission 2.4.3 to see what it was all about and now I lost all my contacts. I tried syncing with google and its not pulling up anything. I flashed back to stock from a backup, synced to google, tried again and nothing. Is this something about fission? Can i backup my contacts seperatly and reinstall them?

Also, I have Titanium and backed up all data, restored it, and nothing still :(

Did i do something wrong?

Reaction score
Go to google contacts website on an actual computer, see if your contacts are there. If they're not, you may be SOL. Did you have them backed up to Backup Assistant? If so, you can recover them from the backup assistant website as a CSV file, then import this into google contacts, which will push them back to your phone.

jcl197

Reaction score
Yes check to make sure ur contacts synched with google on a computer, and next time to be safe make sure to make a backup before flashing, that way you wont lose anything if u decide u didnt like what u flashed and go back.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
P

Pharrit

Reaction score
Ok, so i manually put my contacts into the google and it seems alright, but now brings a new question. My phone isn't syncing to google, for backup contacts and such.. I have sync on, added a new number, tired to sync and its not showing up on the google site.

Am i missing something?

bitojoe

Reaction score
Go to verizon.com and log in and press a button called export (i think :p) and do it as a csv or wtever and then go to your gmail and import the contacts, then sync google with your phone. This should work, i saw it on the internet before

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
P

Pharrit

Reaction score
I did the Verizon thing and the new issue i'm having is that all my contacts show up, but no number is saved. All the numbers are just Notes.

So now when I try to call someone, i have to find their name and open the contact and then select the number from the note.. that sucks

Where did I go wrong?

Also, i'm sorry for not being smarter :(

Reaction score
When you did the Verizon site, did it specifically say that it was going to give you a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file?