GSM/CDMA Network Mode Toggle?

Matveh

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to create a toggle for, or preferably automatically switch between, GSM and CDMA network modes? Is there A) a specific app or B) a universal 'scripting' type app (e.g. Tasker) that could do it?

I want to automate a switch to CDMA mode every couple of hours or so. I am overseas with an international data plan through Verizon and a local prepaid GSM SIM installed. The prepaid SIM doesn't get data but my data-dependent apps need the opportunity to sync once in a while.

The closest I've come is the 3G-2G toggle which takes me directly to the Mobile Network Settings where a couple of button presses and a few seconds to load gets me from one network to the other. Ideally, I'd like to schedule an automatic switch that enables CDMA for a minute to allow syncing then puts me back on GSM to receive incoming calls/texts.

I'm also open to creative solutions, only moderately technical. Thanks!

stillwaiting

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to create a toggle for, or preferably automatically switch between, GSM and CDMA network modes? Is there A) a specific app or B) a universal 'scripting' type app (e.g. Tasker) that could do it?

I want to automate a switch to CDMA mode every couple of hours or so. I am overseas with an international data plan through Verizon and a local prepaid GSM SIM installed. The prepaid SIM doesn't get data but my data-dependent apps need the opportunity to sync once in a while.

The closest I've come is the 3G-2G toggle which takes me directly to the Mobile Network Settings where a couple of button presses and a few seconds to load gets me from one network to the other. Ideally, I'd like to schedule an automatic switch that enables CDMA for a minute to allow syncing then puts me back on GSM to receive incoming calls/texts.

I'm also open to creative solutions, only moderately technical. Thanks!

you could try Widgetsoid2.x, you can create a bunch of different widgets and stuff to toggle different features and modes.

Reaction score
Tasker can supposedly do anything to your phone that you can do, on a schedule, I don't see why it couldn't be setup to do this. Llama is another tasker like program that's free in the market. I have no personal experience though, so I can't help you much more than that, sorry.

OP
Matveh

Matveh

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I've searched Tasker and the like. Certainly the scheduling is available but though there are toggles for data on/off, 3G etc there doesn't seem to be any option to switch between network modes (e.g. CDMA <-> GSM). I would like to know of ANY app that has an option like this.

It may no longer be necessary as I've just received a notification from Verizon informing me that they've killed my unlimited global data plan and changed me over to some combo of a U.S. data/ limited international data plan. I reside in Korea full time so I may just have to call Verizon out on this and demand they cancel my contract without penalty and move to a Korean service provider.