Green screen between apps

Chief51

Reaction score
Hello, New to the droid scene.
Getting a green screen popping up between changing apps, sometimes tit will stay in certain sections of the apps. I have had the green screen actually lock up my D3 too. just started in last day or two.
any ideas?
Thanks

shaf786

Reaction score
Hi I've been getting this green screen too. Most noteably when using the lockscreen on and off and the youtube app.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

blackbelt27

Reaction score
this has to do with a program opening up after a fullscreen youtube process is not properly shut down,

Resolution: open/ mess with the youtube app; close program from applications menu

stabl4life82

Reaction score
It isn't just the youtube cause the green screen was happening to me every now and then going back to the home screen and i don't use youtube. But that was with launcher pro. I now switched back to adw launcher and it hasn't happened since..

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

dsmusicbox

Reaction score
I had the green screen of death today after using my camera. The camera issues are for another thread, but I got caught on the green screen and my phone shut itself down. I restarted, was stupid enough to try and use the stock camera app again instead of one of my 3rd party ones, and again I was blessed with the green screen of death. It stayed on my screen, and is now my transition between apps. I have never had this using youtube personally.

I am starting to miss my D2 :(

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had this problem like twice when I first got the phone. But a reboot fixed it. Haven't had this happen since.. mid July now.

Sucks you're starting to miss your D2.. cause this is a much, much much better phone. Hope you figure it out. If it doesn't fix soon, take it to VZW.

dsmusicbox

Reaction score
It is a shame because I LOVE the keyboard and many other parts of the phone. Camera and green screen of death get 2 thumbs down!

neilrl79

Reaction score
I've had it happen to me a few times, all when coming out of YouTube or the camera app. It never locks up tho, just get the green screen for a few seconds and then goes away.

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I did a factory reset on mine hoping it would end the green, but nope, still showing up and I havent used youtube since the reset. Moto knows about the problem so I hope its fixed with the offical update.

adam_d_j

Reaction score
Turning off window animation under Settings>Display will get rid of the green screen. Verizon says its a known bug which should be fixed in the next couple of weeks.