D3 keeps switching between my 2 gmail accounts

JoeHockey

Reaction score
I just recently added a second gmail (gmail #2) account to my D3 and the phone seems to keep switching between the two accounts. Gmail itself works fine but I keep noticing in the market that sometimes it is updating gmail #2 instead of gmail #1. I keep getting update notices for apps I thought I deleted and when I look in the market the market says it's updating the 2nd account. The phone was set up originally with gmail #1 and I want it to stay that way for everything, I just wanted to be able to get mail for gmail #2. Any thoughts on how to make the phone stop switching accounts?

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mine does this as well. Google it, there's several people with this issue. I have yet to see a fix, although, like you, I wish there was ;-)

doogald

Reaction score
You could use the stock email app, or a better app like K9 mail, for mail from the second Gmail account.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah, same problem here:

- I get Market "mystery" app update notices
- Market defaults into the second account when I load it

I'd prefer that all apps are linked to the first account, and that the stupid Market remembers to leave itself "in" the first account after I go into settings and switch to it (it consistently reverts back to second account as default).

But yeah, oh well. For the time being I just automatically switch back to the first account after starting Market, and I always double-check which account is active when I update/download an app.

The bright side of all this is for a long time, we could only have one account in the Market app. On the flip side, on my Transformer (HC), I have a nice tab at the top of the Market app that always tells me which of my accounts is currently active! So with ICS, this'll probably be fixed. :)

-Matt

TyrannoTaurus

Reaction score
This is an issue for me as well. Why the Market can't just stick to one account is beyond me. Worse yet, it took me forever to realize what the hell was going on, so now half of my apps are on my original email and half on my second email account. I don't really feel like deleting them and re-downloading them to the first account. Wish there was a way to merge them or something. Totally annoying :-/

Sent from my Rooted Droid 3

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Market update...maybe?

Got multiple notifications today on the D3 that new apps were available. Was expecting to start Market, and have to navigate from the secondary back to the primary account -- then noticed I was already in the primary (which is what I want). Huh?...weird. THEN I looked at the top of the UI, and realized there was a pull-down (like in Honeycomb) with the active account listed. :) Hmmm...did the Market app get updated and I missed it?

This makes the multi-account issue a bit more manageable...turned a four-step process into a 1- or 2-step one!

Oooooo...just checked "Allow automatic updating" as I updated Root Explorer, and got a pop-up that "auto-updating" can be made the default for all apps. Excellent.

-Matt

DroidudeAZ

Reaction score
Mine switches accounts too

I emailed google app market support and got a reply that said that there was an issue with email switching, but the app market still syncs with the first account entered when setting up your phone. He went on to say that they are looking into it and will issue a fix at some point.

technogeek00

Reaction score
Yeah, same problem here:
The bright side of all this is for a long time, we could only have one account in the Market app. On the flip side, on my Transformer (HC), I have a nice tab at the top of the Market app that always tells me which of my accounts is currently active! So with ICS, this'll probably be fixed. :)

The switching has been annoying me but over the weekend a new update to the Market was pushed to my handset and now it does show which account is active like it does on my TF too.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Got multiple notifications today on the D3 that new apps were available. Was expecting to start Market, and have to navigate from the secondary back to the primary account -- then noticed I was already in the primary (which is what I want). Huh?...weird. THEN I looked at the top of the UI, and realized there was a pull-down (like in Honeycomb) with the active account listed. :) Hmmm...did the Market app get updated and I missed it?

This makes the multi-account issue a bit more manageable...turned a four-step process into a 1- or 2-step one!

The switching has been annoying me but over the weekend a new update to the Market was pushed to my handset and now it does show which account is active like it does on my TF too.
Is there an echo in here? ;) LOL

-Matt