Great potential terrible documentation

Hooper

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Got my droid a couple of days ago and like some have said here I was really tempted to bring it back. Included documentation is pathetic. Heck I even got a CD with my Motorola Razor that went into great detail about the phone....and it did very little.

Verizon should pay to support this forum because it's one of the few places that has got real info. At the VZW store just as they set up the phone it rang and the "tech" couldn't figure out to answer it before it went to voicemail. If it wasn't for support communities like this I'd be handing the thing back in. Such is life on the "bleeding edge".

Having said that the potential is spectacular.

I've messed around with this kind of stuff for a long time. Built Apple II knock offs when building a computer meant soldering every component to the motherboard. Rewrote code and burned new roms that did some very interesting stuff. Ran Red Hat Linux 5.2 to pull data of a Digital VAX when we got tired of paying for support. Worked on lots of stuff with Motorola on Land Mobile Radio, Mobile Data and GPS. Worked some deals with Omnipoint and Sprint over 2 gig microwave band relocation.

Currently happily unemployed.:)

Hooper

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hy and :welcome: Hooper!

Glad u got the droid and made it to the favourite Droid-Home....DROIDFORUMS :D
Also im really gled u like the information that is given here about the DROIDS, and also in my eyes, VZW could pay us in :motdroidvert: for our support :D

Hope you get into job soon, lots of my friends have benn crisis-fired these days.

Have a good time here and agaian :welcome:

Tigger

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum. Why not download the PDF user manuel that's available?

Last edited:

elbono75

Reaction score
Your experience with the Tech from Verizon Boo on them, That phone was in the stores a week before it was released. They had tons of time to play with and understand. So they FAIL!!!

Talk about not understanding what the hell you are tryin to sell! lol