GPS status was on this morning... what?

BKSinAZ

Reaction score
As I reached for my phone this morning, I noticed that the status bar on top of the screen was showing the little satelite icon (GPS).
I don't know why the gps would be on. I never used the gps before, nor has it ever came on before. I don't have any apps installed other than the weather channel and iHeart radio, however neither of these apps were running when I looked in in app management.

I powered off my DX and then restarted it. When the phone rebooted, the gps icon was gone.

Can anyone explain why the gps would come on?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
My GPS is always on with the X, just like the Droid.
But the only time you see the icon is when something is using GPS.

OP
B

BKSinAZ

Reaction score
My GPS is always on with the X, just like the Droid.
But the only time you see the icon is when something is using GPS.

:) Yea I kinda gathered that something was useing the gps. What?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll take a guess ....

Shopsavvy installed?

You'll need to go to settings, apps, running services, (or use an app that shows them) when the issue is ongoing, then you can figure out what is using it and kill it.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are you using a weather widget like Beautiful Home clock & weather and have it to get weather by your location. This happened to me on my Droid1 once and I got all paranoid till I realized that I have it setup to check weather every hour. Like Mr. Black I keep GPS on all the time cause it only comes on when needed...

OP
B

BKSinAZ

Reaction score
Are you using a weather widget like Beautiful Home clock & weather and have it to get weather by your location. This happened to me on my Droid1 once and I got all paranoid till I realized that I have it setup to check weather every hour. Like Mr. Black I keep GPS on all the time cause it only comes on when needed...

I already stated on the op, that the weather channel and iHeart radio are the ONLY apps I installed since I got the DX about 5 days ago. There are no additional widgets or anything else installed.

OP
B

BKSinAZ

Reaction score
I'll take a guess ....

Shopsavvy installed?

You'll need to go to settings, apps, running services, (or use an app that shows them) when the issue is ongoing, then you can figure out what is using it and kill it.

shopsavvy not installed. the weather channel and iHeart radio are ONLY apps installed.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's big brother then, watch out...