Gps signal lost.

hustonsmom

Reaction score
I have been having problems with Google maps gps. The signal keeps dropping. I am in the city with my thunderbolt. Does anyone know why this is happening.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

elgranpagan

Reaction score
How to fix your GPS signal

This is a known issue with Verizon Thunderbolt and the GOOGLE GPS servers. Specifically, if you lost your signal, you may want to call Verizon and discuss replacing that phone. If your phone is under warranty, they should replace it. FYI... I had a applet called JUICE DEFENDER. This app actually cut off the GPS and 4G service. I had to remove JUICE DEFENDER and reset the phone to get my signals back.You may want to try that.Hope that works.Elgranpagan
I have been having problems with Google maps gps. The signal keeps dropping. I am in the city with my thunderbolt. Does anyone know why this is happening.Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
hustonsmom

hustonsmom

Reaction score
gps signal lost

Thank you for the advice, I did have advanced task killer and have uninstalled that. you mentioned resetting the phone, what do you me? factory reset?

This is a known issue with Verizon Thunderbolt and the GOOGLE GPS servers. Specifically, if you lost your signal, you may want to call Verizon and discuss replacing that phone. If your phone is under warranty, they should replace it. FYI... I had a applet called JUICE DEFENDER. This app actually cut off the GPS and 4G service. I had to remove JUICE DEFENDER and reset the phone to get my signals back.You may want to try that.Hope that works.Elgranpagan