GPS doesn't seem to be working

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
okay, I will admit that I'm a self-confessed "four square" app addict and this is how I first noticed this. I am currently unable to check in at any locations because the GPS on my Droid X does not seem to be registering new locations. I keep hitting refresh and it still lists me at the last working location, which is my home. I've even logged in and out of Four Square hoping that this would resolve my problem, to no avail.

I then opened the "Maps" app that comes pre-installed with the Droid X and when I hit "my location" button it gives me a "your location is temporarily unavailable". same with the "latitude" feature that also comes pre-installed on the Droid X. the GPS feature is turned on. these problems started happening about 24 hours ago.

Last edited:

ffej89

Reaction score
First off if you haven't yet do a battery pull. A lot of the time you can resolve many issues with a simple battery pull

OP
Z

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
First off if you haven't yet do a battery pull. A lot of the time you can resolve many issues with a simple battery pull

yikes, don't say that! reminds me of my blackberry days which I'd rather forget!

but I'll try it....

ffej89

Reaction score
Zombie if your coming from a blackberry you may be tempted to kill apps all the time. Just a reminder in Android app killers are not needed. :)

OP
Z

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
still, the whole battery pull thing gives me bad memories. towards the end of my blackberry life I had to do a battery pull several times a day!

and apps, are you kidding me! the phones memory would allow me maybe 10 apps at any time. I think I have almost that many apps just dealing with features related to the phones camera!

oh and yes, the battery pull did work! thanks.....I'm still a little skeeved out by it though LOL

ffej89

Reaction score
Lol, glad it was just a quick reboot to fix. I know how you feel, my last phone was a touch diamond and i had to reboot at least 4-5 times a day. I have to say since i made the jump to droid i have never been happier with a phone.

OP
Z

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
no doubts! of course when I upgraded from my non-smartphone to my blackberry I also thought it was the greatest phone ever.

hopefully the novelty and newness of the Droid doesn't wear off!