Losing satellite signal

Jjaeger240

Reaction score
Yesterday I couldn't get navigation to work because it constantly said "searching for gps...". Wound up clicking over some time last night and working fine, but this morning I was on the calendar and the phone restarted itself. This is the first time it has happened and I think I may have just hit one too many buttons simultaneously causing it.

Once it restarted however, the weather widgets and gps no longer worked again. I never had a problem with it losing gps for the weather but it now reads "GPS Unavailable", instead of the temperature. I have turned the phone off and on again, checked to make sure I have the satellite turned on, and it's not coming back.

Any idea what may be causing the gps not to work? Influx of new users this morning? Me? It also shows the satellite in the top task bar but still reads that it cannot locate a gps signal on my widgets.

Kandiru

Reaction score
Someone correct me if i am wrong but the Droid X positions you by triangulation, a tactic used as early as WW2. The distance to two cell beacons is measured, then the location is triangulated. If you are in a rural area tough luck. I used to live on a ridge with almost no signal and had a 20 ft Yagi in the attic with amplifier-omnipolar diserser to cover my 10 acres.

fecurtis

Reaction score
You're probably just holding it wrong, may I suggest that you avoid holding it that way?

Jk. Have you tried going into an open area with a clear shot at the sky?