Got one for ya... need help badly!

supahrob

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I sure hope someone can help me.

I am having an issue in my droid where it will work fine, till it goes to sleep (screen shuts off) and I try to wake it up - the screen wont unlock. What I mean is, when I try to drag my finger to unlock it, nothing happens. It's like the touch screen stops working. I have to pull the battery and reboot. After that, everything is fine, until I let the phone go to sleep (or force it with the power button.) But SOMETIMES it will wake up just fine and work for nearly and hour, and then stop. Other times it will do it (fail) all the time, every time. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with temps, or how much charge, or even if I have it charging at the time or not.

This problem first showed up under Sapphire 0.6.2 (although I dont think it has anything to do with the ROM) using the custom P3Droid for that ROM (I don't think it has anything to do with the kernel). But I have since reflashed to different ROMS, used different kernels. I have wiped the data and cache so much I think my droid is getting a rash! I have even reformatted my SD card (not sure what I thought that would do, but I am desperate).

I wanted to see if it was a program in particular that was causing it, so I reflashed my droid to a CM 5.0.8 ROM, but didn't set up an account so there were NO programs installed other than the ROM, and the problem was STILL there.

Now, I called verizon, and I have a new phone on the way... but it will have 2.1 on it, and I don't know how hard it will be to root 2.1 :(

I would REALLY like to get my CURRENT phone fixed and just stick with this one. Can ANYONE help me? please?

OP
supahrob

supahrob

Reaction score
I appreciate the links, and will use those if all else fails... but I would really like to get my CURRENT phone working again. Anyone have any ideas on how to solve my problem?

Take care,
Rob