Got my DX, what tools do I need now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
Man what is going on? I went into Z4Root and clicked "unroot", I then rebooted and it booted in clockwork recovery. I clicked the reboot option and now my market works.

ok i was thinking if from clockwork u can set ur phone back to factory setting or if u can do that from the phone settings itself but im not sure if that will help in getting your phone fixed. let me see if i can get someone in here real quick...

OP
B

budmonster

my market works now. it seems like z4root was the problem. i uninstalled root and the market seems to work. im going to try and root it again, but the steps you did.

I just rooted again, soon as z4roots reboots my phone it goes straight into recovery? lol this is nuts. it goes into clockworkmod v2.5.0.6. is that normal?

Rom Manager is 2.5.0.7.

Last edited by a moderator:

leonozug

Reaction score
Download Spare Parts and put the two animation settings to "fast"...makes the phone seem more snappy and faster.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
my market works now. it seems like z4root was the problem. i uninstalled root and the market seems to work. im going to try and root it again, but the steps you did.

I just rooted again, soon as z4roots reboots my phone it goes straight into recovery? lol this is nuts. it goes into clockworkmod v2.5.0.6. is that normal?

Rom Manager is 2.5.0.7.

i think it is, once in recovery just reboot u should be good? and if so does everything work

OP
B

budmonster

Rom Manager is 2.5.0.7.

i think it is, once in recovery just reboot u should be good? and if so does everything work

nope z4root is affecting my Market somehow. i currently have droid x bootstrapper and rom mananger unisstalled only have z4root and my market doesnt work again now. it has be z4root. something is going on with it.

elitecmdr666

Reaction score

Rom Manager is 2.5.0.7.

nope z4root is affecting my Market somehow. i currently have droid x bootstrapper and rom mananger unisstalled only have z4root and my market doesnt work again now. it has be z4root. something is going on with it.

thats really weird cause i did not have that issue at all, maybe you have to wait a minute or 2 dont know. im thinking that if you install a ROM would it fix that problem.

Last edited:
OP
B

budmonster

WTF!!!! now my market is working. i just installed rom manager and it is allowing me flash the latest clockworkmod recovery 2.5.0.7.

BUT i clicked "reboot into recovery" in Rom Mananger and it didnt work. it rebooted, then all of a sudden it showed the M logo then went right into Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.6, not 7. funny think is i dont have droid x bootstrapper installed though so how am i getting into recovery?

EDIT: THERE GOES THE MARKET AGAIN!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

budmonster

I'm just going to unroot, this is harder than the D1. I've never had this many problems. Even though I uninstalled the Droid X Bootstrapper i think I have to delete some files to get rid of it somehow.

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
I'm just going to unroot, this is harder than the D1. I've never had this many problems. Even though I uninstalled the Droid X Bootstrapper i think I have to delete some files to get rid of it somehow.

im sorry your having issues with ur DX, try looking for help on the forums that can better explain what the problem is hope that helps.

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
WTF!!!! now my market is working. i just installed rom manager and it is allowing me flash the latest clockworkmod recovery 2.5.0.7.

BUT i clicked "reboot into recovery" in Rom Mananger and it didnt work. it rebooted, then all of a sudden it showed the M logo then went right into Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.6, not 7. funny think is i dont have droid x bootstrapper installed though so how am i getting into recovery?

EDIT: THERE GOES THE MARKET AGAIN!

sorry i didnt read some of the intermediate posts, but whats wrong with .6 that you need to use .7?

theres a link in here if thats still what you want to do
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/83313-few-things-know-when-going-2-2-a.html
to remove clockwork recovery

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I gotta step in for a sec. About the Clockwork/ROM Manager backups, I have one of each with no issues. Actually I have about 4 different ROM's backed up on my SD card right now. I do one after I set my phone up, adding a Theme and whatnot.

I have issues with Market loading every once in a while. Not sure if it's my signal or not. Usually a reboot does the trick. I honestly don't think Bootstrap is your Market problem.

And as long as your not stuck in a bootloop and your able to use your phone, your still in good shape.

OP
B

budmonster

im rooted and just went into the setting and did a system reset to wipe everything and now everything works again. im still rooted b/c i can use drocap2 and rootexplorer. i have not put the Droid X Recovery by Koush back on yet or Rom Manager. I'm guessing one of those was causing my problems with not being able to access the Market, Gmail, etc. Unless a system reset just solved all my problems? What is my next step? Should I install Bootstrap now? What the best way to finish my rooting process. all i have done so far was use z4root to root my phone, i uninstalled the Bootstrap and deleted the files in the system folder. i also removed rom manager. so now im assuming ive started fresh again with just root.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since you started another thread in the X hacking section I am closing this thread. Please do not cross post.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.