Got an HTC INCREDIBLE 2 for XMAS, but its on lost/stolen list, helppppp

bkovach06

Reaction score
my mom was awesome enough to buy me this phone, i was really excited as my droid x has a broken screen, she bought it off craigslist and obviously the guy lied to her when he said the ESN was clean, she spent $200 on the phone and now i cant even use it, i was going to take it to verizon and see what they can do, but they will just assume i stole it...

any suggestions on what i can go about doing?

Unfortunately there is nothing they will be able to do for you. That really stinks though! Has your mom tried contacting the person she bought it from?

yeah, but of course he wont reply, i figured they couldnt do anything, is this phone worthless or can i atleast try to sell it for something, its in mint condition, nothing wrong with it all, seems like such a waste

You can pay the bill due on the account (if that was why it was bad ESN ) or resell the phone as a bad ESN phone for development use or parts.

Sent from my rooted, ROM'd, and Safestrapped XT862

Try contacting the police. Let them know the story and see if they can get the person that sold stolen merchandise. May not get your money back but a little justice will heal the wound quicker.

You can use it on WiFi for Internet and as a really nice mp3 player. Once on WiFi you can try to access the market to install games.

This post is Incredible 2!

Last edited:
my mom was awesome enough to buy me this phone, i was really excited as my droid x has a broken screen, she bought it off craigslist and obviously the guy lied to her when he said the ESN was clean, she spent $200 on the phone and now i cant even use it, i was going to take it to verizon and see what they can do, but they will just assume i stole it...

any suggestions on what i can go about doing?

I work for a Verizon reseller. If you want to give me the ESN, I can look up the account for you and find the last owners name, and see what the status of the locked ESN is.
I live in NH, and I am not trying to scam you at all. i have an incredible 2 and it sucks seeing someone have one and not be able to use it.
you can hit me up on my email at [email protected] if you still have this phone.
Tim

Let us know how it turns out, we're all pulling for you.
I was lucky when I got my X2 off craigslist, they guy selling it was legit.

im having the same issue but with an iphone i was thrilled to buy it but going insane cause i cant use it..... can anyone help????

Back