What can a hacker find on a lost Bionic?

Terry851

Reaction score
My daughter left her Bionic in a cab while on a trip to Boston. Unfortunately she did not have any password set nor did she have any recovery software loaded (eg MyMobileRecovery.) The phone's battery was dead, which bought us some time as I was able to deactivate the phone on the Verizon site. Thankfully we have phone insurance and her replacement phone is on it's way to her for only the cost of the $99.00 deductible.

My question however is for the tech gurus on this forum. What can a hacker find and possibly use on her phone? I don't believe she kept any financial information, but she used GMail which may have cached data somewhere on the phone (filesystem) or the SD card? Obviously all of her contact data will be available, but what else can be gleaned from someone with a bit of technical knowledge?

Per Verizon, the phone is now a brick as they will not reactivate it once it's on their lost and stolen list. However, I know the prowess of the tech community, and I'm wondering if this phone can be brought back to life, and if so, what exposure will my daughter have re: what's on her phone?

Sorry for the noobie question, but I'm just being a bit paranoid because I am not familiar with the Bionic.

Thanks for any comments / tips you can offer!

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Change her Google password ...
Keeps the market un-accessible to them.

They can still use the phone via a wifi.

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...