got a virus on my droid...

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
jus thought i would share that i just got a virus on my moto droid, after researching i found out this virus will collect data, call logs, texts, pics, sounds around the phone picked up thru the mic, and phone location, and upload them to a remote server every 20 sec.

i noticed my phone running super slow and lots of FCs on apps like facebook and stuff, got a new sd card and went to transfer my stuff, there was a bunch of files (alot of them in my DCIM folder) that couldnt transfer because "the file name was too long or invalid" there was a bunch of files in my sd card that the file name was a bunch of random symbols, then windows said it couldnt delete the files because they were "system files" and windows or other programs may not function without them, so i clicked it, and then it said it couldnt delete them because of the file name again, then said it couldnt delete them cuz they were no longer stored there, but they were still there, if anybody wants more info i can tell u what apps i had and more info about phone

i have a moto droid 1 rooted running CM7, i tried changing roms cuz i thought cm7 may be buggy but problems still persisted...

AngryHatter

Reaction score
jus thought i would share that i just got a virus on my moto droid, after researching i found out this virus will collect data, call logs, texts, pics, sounds around the phone picked up thru the mic, and phone location, and upload them to a remote server every 20 sec.

i noticed my phone running super slow and lots of FCs on apps like facebook and stuff, got a new sd card and went to transfer my stuff, there was a bunch of files (alot of them in my DCIM folder) that couldnt transfer because "the file name was too long or invalid" there was a bunch of files in my sd card that the file name was a bunch of random symbols, then windows said it couldnt delete the files because they were "system files" and windows or other programs may not function without them, so i clicked it, and then it said it couldnt delete them because of the file name again, then said it couldnt delete them cuz they were no longer stored there, but they were still there, if anybody wants more info i can tell u what apps i had and more info about phone

i have a moto droid 1 rooted running CM7, i tried changing roms cuz i thought cm7 may be buggy but problems still persisted...
Why the face did you just say?
What app gave you this "virus?"

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Lol? Show me a screenshot or I don't believe it.

And the sd card thing sounds like your data got corrupted.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
i dont have screens or anything cuz i got rid of it as soon as i noticed it, i will post a full list of apps i had tomorrow since its late here and im about to go to bed, but google android viruses and its one of the first links that talks about it, i noticed my phone running SUPER slow and TONS of apps force closing, after switching sd cards to a fresh card, the phone is 10x more responsive and havent had a FC since, and i had tons of other issues before, like when i take a pic, they dont show up on the sd card for a couple days then finally, they were there, ill provide more details tomorrow but as for now i need to go to bed, gotta work early in the morn

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sounds more like your card data got corrupted then anything else. Changing the sdcard wouldn't have fixed it if it was a true virus. Also, there are no known viruses for android. There's a couple of trojans, but no viruses (yes, there is a difference and its pretty big).

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
maybe u should get ur facts straight before u post, sorry to be a dick but i know what i had and ive researched it, im uploading a screen of my sd card containting all the random files i did not put on there, (i know tons of apps will store stuff on the sd card in random places and file formats but this is not normal, i went to school for computer programming, have tons of knowledge SPECIFICALLY in android/java programming, and know way more than ur average user about how the OS and apps work)

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
screen.png

theres the DCIM folder on my sd card, windows will not let me transfer, delete, or modify ANY of theese random files

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
from the article...
"According to NetQin, once installed SW.SecurePhone will run in the background without any icon being displayed and will monitor the phone, as well as collecting data to save on the SD card.

"The data – including messages, call log, location of the phone, recorded sounds around the phone and pictures in the phone – will then be uploaded to a remote server every 20 minutes. This will compromise privacy as well as use up internet traffic", says the firm."

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I see that these files contain 0 bytes,

Did you notice a lot of space missing from your sd card? I know quite a lot about computers in general, as do bunches of people on this forum. If a virus was recording sound and taking snapshots and harvesting THAT much data, you'd see your sd card space decline rapidly, your internet would always be super slow.

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
again, 13th angel, im sorry if it seems like i was bashin u but i know alot about this, and know what i had, and yes i dont know what caused it or nething but the new sd card has literally improved phones performance at LEAST 10x and no more random FCs, ive done my homework and im 100% positive i had one, google it, theres been 2 recent virus outbreaks on android

AngryHatter

Reaction score
So ONE company that MAKES AV software says they found this virus and that doesn't raise a red flag itself?
Open source means this smells funny.

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
I see that these files contain 0 bytes,

Did you notice a lot of space missing from your sd card? I know quite a lot about computers in general, as do bunches of people on this forum. If a virus was recording sound and taking snapshots and harvesting THAT much data, you'd see your sd card space decline rapidly, your internet would always be super slow.

yes, 6.5 GB of space on my sd card was used up due to it saving random files it stored

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
first off YOU should get your facts straight... that's a trojan not a virus. Second, you see the beta team tag under my name? That means I know more than the average user also. Third, that looks exactly like my moms sd card did when the vzw rep corrupted it by putting it in her d2g straight from her old BB storm. Its corrupted, format the card and move on. Fourth, if it truly was a virus then changing your sdcard would not have helped.

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
and i noticed my GPS symbol flashing randomly when im not even using apps that should be using gps (and yes i DO pay attention to app permissions when installing) literally i would wake my phone up from idle and gps symbol would randomly flash, and i have unlimited data and use a TON of data so i have no idea if ive used more than it seems like i should have or not, i mean i understand u guys being sceptical but i witnessed it on my phone and was just trying to warn u guys