Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Transferring my 4K video to Dropbox did take a few minutes, but if you have a card reader or the ability to simply insert your card into your pc, it won't take very long at all.
I agree with the whole 4K discussion though and I actually read an interesting CNet article the other day as to why you don't need a 4K tv. Why 4K TVs are stupid - CNET
As mentioned, it's going to be sometime yet until 4K tvs are actually relevant or worth buying for the average consumer.
(Sorry Jeffrey....not knocking those of you that already have one)

tap'n on my S5

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Here is a good chart of 4k benefit. Notice you have to be pretty close to a relatively large screen to see the benefit.
d9400f37993ea2d5b8f4ca47beca3276.jpg

I have a 120" screen from my 1080p projector that I watch from about 13 feet away. For me to notice any pixels I have to be as close as about 6-8 feet but my vision isn't perfect.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Here's a beautiful 4K video shot using the OnePlus One. Absolutely stellar. 1+1 is no joke, and half the price of all other flagship devices.

SUMMER IN CROATIA 4K:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Transferring my 4K video to Dropbox did take a few minutes, but if you have a card reader or the ability to simply insert your card into your pc, it won't take very long at all.
I agree with the whole 4K discussion though and I actually read an interesting CNet article the other day as to why you don't need a 4K tv. Why 4K TVs are stupid - CNET
As mentioned, it's going to be sometime yet until 4K tvs are actually relevant or worth buying for the average consumer.
(Sorry Jeffrey....not knocking those of you that already have one)

tap'n on my S5
I bought the TV 2 months ago when LG had a huge promotion. 55" UHD 4K for $1000. How could I go wrong...

Reactions: cr6

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm saying it will be another 4-5 years before we will have infrastructure in place to take advantage of this technology. Who is going to keep this phone so long? I'm my opinion there more important fields that need attention, like battery life and signal strength. As of now, it's a gimmick.

Just did a little math. 4k video takes 1gb of space for 1 minute of video, meaning each second is roughly 17mb. To stream it without buffering you need at least 130mbit connection as my 60mbit line can transmit 8mbytes/second. I can't even get 100mbit service in my area if I wanted to.
The issue today is router speed. Sammy just announced their new router will transfer a 1GB movie file from one device to another in under 3 seconds. 4K is closer than we think...

Samsung s futuristic Wi-Fi is five times faster than today s wireless networks Android Forums at DroidForums.net

sapino

Banned
Reaction score
awesome!!
I did not know that youtube supports 4K video, in any case I can not perceive the quality because my monitor is FullHD :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iphone 6 prix galaxy note 4 prix

Last edited:

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

One of the defining characteristics of the new internal hardware found in the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is that it is easily capable of filming 4K resolution video. The 16-megapixel rear-facing camera with optical image stabilization (OIS) and 8x digital zoom really shows off its skills in the above video.

To get full value out of watching the above video, be sure to switch the video mode to the highest setting, which is 2160p 4K, and then set it to full screen. While the subject matter may seem droll, the video quality is utterly stunning! This is especially true when you stop to register that this is a camera on a phone!

October 17th is the big day the Galaxy Note 4 will hit North American shores. Sound off if this is a phone on your short-list.
Great Video. I can not wait to get mine..