Google's Android 2.1: How It'll Change Your Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom51

Reaction score
I can already tell the only live wallpaper that seems remotely interesting is the Nexus one...
I'm curious to see if after 2.1 is released... whether or not we'll see some new 'live wallpapers' developed

im hoping that with the live wallpapers we could finally get an actual flipping animated clock like the one in sense or something like the sense ui on the hd2

How much time have you spent sitting and waiting to watch the number flip animation? Really? It suprises me the things people find important to the usefulness of the device.

jb1

Reaction score
I'm curious to see if after 2.1 is released... whether or not we'll see some new 'live wallpapers' developed

im hoping that with the live wallpapers we could finally get an actual flipping animated clock like the one in sense or something like the sense ui on the hd2

How much time have you spent sitting and waiting to watch the number flip animation? Really? It suprises me the things people find important to the usefulness of the device.

up til now never cause it isnt available on the device..but if you ook at the hd2's main screen animation with the weather it is pretty slick and gives the phone some cool visual effects

Venom51

Reaction score

up til now never cause it isnt available on the device..but if you ook at the hd2's main screen animation with the weather it is pretty slick and gives the phone some cool visual effects

But does it improve the day to day usefulness of the phone? Of course it doesn't. That being the case it's a waste of good development resources.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I like having more home screens. I'm very anal retentive. My main home page is the essentials. The left one is my calendar widget and tasks, notebook, and diary apps. The right one is my games screen. It'd be nice to have more "categories."
I'm the same way. 2.1 will save me the trouble of getting a home screen app.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I see that a lot of people are interested in the Live Wallpapers that 2.1 brings.

Not to pee on anybody's parade but it is being reported on the N1 that they use up a lot of juice, are slow and degrade performance.

Just a heads up just in case that trickles over to the Droid. May not be an issue BUT just in case it is, you have been forewarned.

frbooker87

Reaction score
Great post I saw this article yesterday. Can't wait.

By the way if u check Motorola's twitter page they said they would let us know when to start expecting the update. Seems they're still perfecting it. Glad I went with the Droid Motorola really seems to have our back. :)

alienware777

Reaction score
I see that a lot of people are interested in the Live Wallpapers that 2.1 brings.

Not to pee on anybody's parade but it is being reported on the N1 that they use up a lot of juice, are slow and degrade performance.

Just a heads up just in case that trickles over to the Droid. May not be an issue BUT just in case it is, you have been forewarned.

WHY OH WHY do you ruin are dreams??!! Is it your idea of fun??!:)

lschmitt

Reaction score

I was wondering that same thing. Another thing to point out is if it's slowing down the N1 then it's gonna be worse on the Droid or Droid Eris. The N1 has almost twice the processor power.

lschmitt

Reaction score

WHY OH WHY do you ruin are dreams??!! Is it your idea of fun??!:)
I hope it doesn't slow'em down to much, really would like to see this run smooth. I'm guessing it will depend on how many other things you're running on your phone. With my Droid rooted, I was able to up my processor speed to 600mhz, which made it run smoother but drained the battery faster and disabled WiFi (I changed it back because it wasn't that worth it to me). I might reconsider if it helps make the live wallpapers run better, that is WHEN I get 2.1

BlueSami

Reaction score
So with the new home screens, anyone going to switch back to stock. Really i think thats the only reason i use pandahome.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ah what most of you don't understand is unlike the Nexus the Droid has a dedicated GPU (Graphics Processor) so we may see it run FASTER wallpaper than the Nexus. Of course that's up to the skill of the people putting this stuff together and we won't find out until it's been OTA'd to us but don't count the Droid out as slower.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I already did. I was tired of the slowness and battery use. I will be using the 5 screens the new version comes with.

So with the new home screens, anyone going to switch back to stock. Really i think thats the only reason i use pandahome.

Status
Not open for further replies.