Is Android 2.1 coming in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

windstrings

Reaction score
Its a common rumour our next droid update will be in Jan... maybe the 22nd?

But who knows what that update will be?

Anybody trip over any credible sources yet?

Here are a few sources I found.....

The hero has already been found running Android 2.1 in the wild.

DROID Android 2.1 update in January, Opus One iDEN Android handset, ZiiLabs Trinity shows off | PHONE Magazine

Verizon DROID and HTC DROID Eris Android 2.1 update January 22nd? - SlashGear

It even sounds like you could update now... but not recommended since its still buggy and destroys file permissions etc....
Android 2.1 | These are the Droids
The Android 2.1 build that came from the Nexus One dump has already been ported over to the Motorola Droid. Well, sort of. Apparently the ROM just destroys file permissions and doesn’t exactly give you a stable phone, but the first jump has been made, now it’s just a matter of time before the kinks are worked out. Though, if you are feeling a bit risky today or don’t really like your Droid and want to harm it, you cna still download the original file that can be used to flash your Droid to Android 2.1. I wouldn’t harm your Droid if I were you. Once they take over the world, you want them on your side.

In the next article down from the above link, you can see the new google phone running android 2.1 on T-mobile

Engadget has gotten itself some exclusive shots of the Nexus One Google Phone. These are some great shots of the phone itself, with a few shots of the interface and the hardware. This is running Android 2.1. I guess there was even an OTA update run last night on this thing. In the photos, it’s clear to see it’s running T-Mobile, at least this one it.

It looks like its now available for the Hero GSM
Android 2.1 Now Available for Hero (GSM) | These are the Droids

But as noted.. still quite buggy..
[ROM-DEV] CDMA Hero Eclair 2.1 v1.5 | almost all is working | beta - xda-developers

HTC Hero running it too
Android 2.1 on HTC Hero | These are the Droids

Lastly.. here are rumours the MotoDroid will get the Android 2.1 update in Jan.
Another Motorola DROID OTA coming in late January? Boy Genius Report

Even more interesting, BGR adds that the update could be the upgrade to Android 2.1 that Droid owners are waiting patiently for

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Gentlemen I will close this thread so that you may continue the conversation in the link that Martin provided...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.