Google Voice

lyme

Reaction score
Hi, I just set up google voice and I love it. One thing that has been bothering me is that whenever anyone texts me, I get it in my message app and my google voice app. Is there a way to only get the message on my google voice app?

Also, how do I know which number I'm sending from when I send a text?

DroidFan

Reaction score
You probably have the "message forwarding" indicator on. If you log into GV on your browser/desktop and go into Settings > Voicemail & SMS > and see if you have your SMS being forwarded to your phone. If you do, turn that off. That'll eliminate the double messages.

Droid101

Reaction score
I noticed on google Voice website you can send your name and e-mail in to receive and invite but anyone know how long the wait is?

DarrellM5

Reaction score
After waiting 4 weeks, I broke down and bought one for under $2 on ebay. Of course, the following week my Google invite came through and I gave it to a friend.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Back on OP...
You probably have the "message forwarding" indicator on. If you log into GV on your browser/desktop and go into Settings > Voicemail & SMS > and see if you have your SMS being forwarded to your phone. If you do, turn that off. That'll eliminate the double messages.
There's no setting as you mention (and others have too) in the settings. Only to have it forwarded to email. I too have been looking in to this issue.

Any other ideas?

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Settings, Phones, Edit the entry for your droids number.

Uncheck "Receive SMS on this phone".

OP
L

lyme

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Now when I'm on my phone, the only notification I will get that I have a text or a voicemail is in the google voice app. Correct?

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Now when I'm on my phone, the only notification I will get that I have a text or a voicemail is in the google voice app. Correct?

For stuff sent to your Google number "correct".

otterdude

Reaction score
I got a GV invite to give out. first PM with your gmail address gets it

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
... still waiting on my invite.... although it's only been about a week. Just impatient :popcorn: