Google Voice update

blauter78

Reaction score
I haven't seen any posts or info on this, but I just installed a google voice app update. Anyone have any idea what it included bug fix/feature wise?

DurangoJim

Reaction score
Seems to have addressed the volume issues as you can now increase or decrease the volume of played messages via the app rather than that of the phone.

SBOTI74

Reaction score
How or where did you find the update? I can barely hear my voice mails in GV....

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
How or where did you find the update? I can barely hear my voice mails in GV....

Go to the Market and search for Google Voice. If it says "Update Available," press and it'll update.

xmnj

Reaction score
You should have a notification but if not, go to the app store, hit the menu button, select downloads, and you will see everything you have downloaded and if there is an update.

monkeydog

Reaction score
You should have a notification but if not, go to the app store, hit the menu button, select downloads, and you will see everything you have downloaded and if there is an update.

I never get notifications that apps are updated, and I even have it set up so that it should.... I've just gotten in the habit of checking my downloads manually every day.

This update did make it so that you can adjust the voicemail volume in google voice, however it adjusts the "in-call" volume to accomplish this. So, I've run into the problem that i turn the volume all the way up to listen to google voice and then when I make or receive a real call the volume is way too loud and I end up turning it back down again. Sigh, better than nothing though.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks, I didn't know that.