Google Voice Not Working

stonecaster

Reaction score
I searched and couldn't find anyone else having this problem, I have Google Voice installed on my Droid 2. It worked fine on my Droid 1. However on the Droid 2, I get alerts to Google voice mails, but when I have Google Voice set to ask before making a call, it doesn't ask, it just dials and I think its using Verizon not GV. Has anyone else seen this? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same thing. My Droid 2 is rooted.

PS::: I just realized that when I call from my contacts list GV will come up and ask me to use it or not, its just when I dial a number from the keypad that it doesn't work.
Any Suggestions?

Last edited:

datacreek

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Works fine from contacts but not from dialpad. I have it set to ask before each call.
This started after the froyo update.
Hoping for a solution.

Last edited:

patchm00

Reaction score
I searched and couldn't find anyone else having this problem, I have Google Voice installed on my Droid 2. It worked fine on my Droid 1. However on the Droid 2, I get alerts to Google voice mails, but when I have Google Voice set to ask before making a call, it doesn't ask, it just dials and I think its using Verizon not GV. Has anyone else seen this? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same thing. My Droid 2 is rooted.

PS::: I just realized that when I call from my contacts list GV will come up and ask me to use it or not, its just when I dial a number from the keypad that it doesn't work.
Any Suggestions?

I noticed the same thing then I noticed that my contacts # included the area code. When I dial a number without AC it does not ask me but if I use the AC it does ask. Maybe that is what you are seeing?

wmnomore

Reaction score
People still call their voicemail?
Why not just play them in GV?

Numbskill

Reaction score
I get a similar problem, but worse. I'll have it set to use everytime and even if I click on a contact in the GV inbox to call, it will pop up with "using regular number".

I'll agree that this has been since the update

patchm00

Reaction score
I get a similar problem, but worse. I'll have it set to use everytime and even if I click on a contact in the GV inbox to call, it will pop up with "using regular number".

Hey Numb,

Are you sure you don't have that app "Voice Choice" installed? The demo version of that only let's you pick one contact to use (regular or in reverse) and if you have installed that or an app like that, it may be overiding that configuraiton. Happened to me :)

OP
stonecaster

stonecaster

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing then I noticed that my contacts # included the area code. When I dial a number without AC it does not ask me but if I use the AC it does ask. Maybe that is what you are seeing?

Thats the solution I needed. Thanks!!!!!!!dancedroid

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
People still call their voicemail?
Why not just play them in GV?
Not sure where anyone said that in this thread...

The topic is GV not being used for outbound calls per the app settings.

Numbskill

Reaction score

Hey Numb,

Are you sure you don't have that app "Voice Choice" installed? The demo version of that only let's you pick one contact to use (regular or in reverse) and if you have installed that or an app like that, it may be overiding that configuraiton. Happened to me :)

Voice Plus, actually. Uninstalled. GV works as it should again! :) Thanks dude