Google Voice Issues Today? - 11-2-10

jawa6969

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with Google Voice today? When I call anybody, a California number shows up on the person I am calling's caller ID and not my GV number. Texting seems to be working OK.

Version_3

Reaction score
Yes, Muy Grande.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?hl=en&tid=220f2f363b11a4a3

What is happening is, you are dialing an access number, a different one for each contact. The other end is seeing that access number, not your Google Voice number (which is what used to show). When the other person answers, they hear dead silence. You hear a continuous ringing. When you end the call, their side ends also. This happens both ways, and also to landlines.

OP
jawa6969

jawa6969

Reaction score
Yes, Muy Grande.

Relay number is not letting me make calls with the google voice app. - Google Mobile Help

What is happening is, you are dialing an access number, a different one for each contact. The other end is seeing that access number, not your Google Voice number (which is what used to show). When the other person answers, they hear dead silence. You hear a continuous ringing. When you end the call, their side ends also. This happens both ways, and also to landlines.

Thank ya much. Hope they fix it soon. Otherwise confidence shrinks.

Version_3

Reaction score
Update: Should be fixed per Google. I tested, and it is working both ways.