Google Voice on 2.2 Motorola Droid

jdmarsh2g

Reaction score
Hello all.
I have incorporated Google voice as an app on the Droid 2.2 version.
When I receive calls the Google voice voicemail is being picked up even though in the call settings I just want it to use my carrier.
Is this a known bug or does anyone know what I could be missing?

thanks,
Jonathan

Atook

Reaction score
Try signing into your google voice account (on your computer browser) and check the voicemail tab in settings.

OP
J

jdmarsh2g

Reaction score
hmmm

Okay I see that under Voicemail Notifications have the box checked for Email the message to: [email protected] ....

I guess I can uncheck it and see if it doesn't go to my google voice voicemail...

Atook

Reaction score
I lied..on the settings page, go to the phones tab, and click the 'deactivate google voicemail for this phone' link.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I receive calls the Google voice voicemail is being picked up even though in the call settings I just want it to use my carrier.
Is this a known bug or does anyone know what I could be missing?
Conditional call forwarding is what you're missing. It's what you set up when you clicked on the "Activate Google Voice voicemail on this phone" and followed its instructions.

Here are the generic instructions. For GV you're just setting up conditional call forwarding to your GV number:
Enabling / Disabling Call Forwarding

If you want to disable it then dial *73 per the instructions.

OP
J

jdmarsh2g

Reaction score
Okay I see that there.... I was hoping there was a way I could change that on my phone under call settings voicemail service "My Carrier" <<< this doesn't take...
thank you so much ... I will give that a try ...

OP
J

jdmarsh2g

Reaction score
takeshi,
Okay let me give that a try and see what I get.... will follow up shortly