Google Voice- couple of annoying things

jrl9851

Reaction score
Everytime I get a voicemail on google voice, I get two notifications...one from my google voice inbox saying "1 unread" and then another, which is a text message. How do I stop the text message from coming?

Another thing...with google voice, my phone rings a LONG time before the voicemail picks it up...is there a way to make it not take so long? When I had the regular voicemail, it would ring about 5-6 times before the voicemail answered (when calling my phone), but not it rings over 10 times.

gentlefury

Reaction score
Everytime I get a voicemail on google voice, I get two notifications...one from my google voice inbox saying "1 unread" and then another, which is a text message. How do I stop the text message from coming?

Another thing...with google voice, my phone rings a LONG time before the voicemail picks it up...is there a way to make it not take so long? When I had the regular voicemail, it would ring about 5-6 times before the voicemail answered (when calling my phone), but not it rings over 10 times.

then go into your google voice settings and turn off sms notification....why doesnt anyone look at the settings for anything anymore.

Reaction score

then go into your google voice settings and turn off sms notification....why doesnt anyone look at the settings for anything anymore.

too many
too annoying
too confusing

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's he way. Go to Google voice on the computer and turn Ford SMS notification. The settings really aren't as complicated as making sure you have the friends and family thing set up right...

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
I turn off SMS alerts and then I don't get ANY ALERTS AT ALL. Not even the "google voice: 1 unread"

I just want the text message alert gone...not the actual google voice alert.

ruinah

Reaction score
try going into the setting for the phone itself in the web interface and hit Edit there. There should be a box there for sending notifications I think.

myriad46

Reaction score
If you have the app on your phone, get rid off all notifications through the webpage. Those notifications are for losers without Android. :)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
why doesnt anyone look at the settings for anything anymore.
Or search. ;)

How exactly are you set up? Are people calling your GV number or your VZ number?