Is Google Voice working?

Roc_Droid

Reaction score
I just happened to get a call from someone on one of my alternate phone numbers and wondered why my Droid didn't ring. When I called my Google Voice number from a different phone, it rings once and says the Google Voice subscriber is not available and gives the option of leaving a voicemail.

I've posted this issue on the Google Voice site but is anyone else having problems receiving calls on their Google Voice number?

mustang90

Reaction score
Mine seems to receive fine, I just have issues with the app not telling me I have voice mail for hours after one is left even though I keep my refresh rate set at the most often option.

OP
R

Roc_Droid

Reaction score
I've never had that problem and, up until about an hour ago, it was working flawlessly. I did start having problems yesterday with Gmail not pushing to my phone so maybe there is something going on with Google.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I've had Google voice for awhile. I've had problems where people have tried to call me and they get that "subscriber not available" even though I was standing right there with my cell phone (max reception). The way I found out was to go to google voice (on my computer) and see missed call. This happens 2-3 times a month randomly.

OP
R

Roc_Droid

Reaction score
It's not even showing a missed call for me on the Google Voice page. I haven't tried leaving a voicemail to myself to see if it shows up but I have given this number out to several people and I have no way of knowing if anyone is calling me right now.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
Problems here too, Infact one voice mail didnt even go through GV and went through my normal verizon vm. HMMMMM

edit:

btw, this seems to be a recent problem. it used to work fine, would get a vm notification in about 5-10 min. Now I had a missed call from yesterday that I was never notified of, and also had a missed call (sometime earlier this week) that GV didnt even catch, it went though verizon.

Last edited:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
The SMS is messing up today as well... I think they've been screwing with their servers at Google. I know Maps was having some problems the other day and Gmail (on a computer via browser) has been hit or miss the last two days... don't know what their doing (or have done) but it seems to be going through their entire system.