Google Unveils Awesomely Fast And Accurate Voice Actions For Android

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can Voice Actions work with Google Voice?
If you voice imput a text when you press send, it will ask if you want to use "messaging" or "google voice" so the answer is Yes

Salieri

Reaction score
Can Voice Actions work with Google Voice?
If you voice imput a text when you press send, it will ask if you want to use "messaging" or "google voice" so the answer is Yes

This does not work for me. Every time I send a text using the new voice action it uses my Verizon sms. I have have tried having my SMS default to Google Voice and for it to let me choice, but it always just uses verizon.

The only thing I can think of is that I use google voice v0.3.4 so I can continue to use my Friends and Family.

What version of GV are you using?

validoption

Reaction score
Does any one have a link to the new clock that I need?

I am running CM6 RC 2 and when i try to do the voice command for "set alarm".

It says " In order to use this feature, download the latest clock from the Android Market."

When you search the market for clock or google clock.. you get hundreds of returns.

Thanks

No, it doesn't work. When you get that pop-up message and click go to website, it leads you to a site that says the clock app update is not finished and they are working hard to solve the problem.

Which is pretty fail in my opinion, to have a feature that sweet in the video pimping the app, only for it to not work. Though the rest of the voice actions do work like a charm, "Set Alarm" would be the only one I would use with any sort of frequency.