Google Unveils Awesomely Fast And Accurate Voice Actions For Android

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Voice Search within Pandora and Slacker is Sweet

Droidfish

Reaction score
This was an awesome upgrade on google's part. I spent a good part of last evening just toying with every voice command I could think of and I gotta say I'm impressed.

My car stereo has a voice command button that until now I only used to place calls but I even sent entire text messages(complete with emoticons: "SMILEY FACE", lol) as well as brought up the navigator with ease, so this upgrade is definitely making my life easier.

Mojo

Reaction score
I have used this feature several times today and its worked 100% I am very impressed! Great Job Google

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
For some reason I am getting force closes on the e-mail and text voice functions...any ideas or is anyone else having this problem?

It worked fine yesterday

Edit: Uninstall and Reinstall and all is good ;)

CKyle22

Reaction score
This works great but now long press on the search button doesn't bring up voice search.

EDIT: Does now, this is awesome.

Last edited:

howzball

Reaction score
Really is awesome. It now takes as little effort as possible on my part to communicate with a fellow human. Life is Great!

In the video above it mentions setting your alarm clock using your voice. Does this work for anyone else or just not for me? It tells me to upgrade my clock app but I don't show any clock updates available.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Adding all this lovely voice dictation stuff but we still have to listen to that robotic wench giving us turn by turn directions!

hennbc

Reaction score
ikeep getting "appliction cannot be installed." Am i suposed to unstall the old one and then instakll this one?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Messages sent through the new Voice Search via the stock Mms.apk send fine, but now messages typed in the stock mms.apk get stuck on "sending" I had to reinstall handcent which fixed my problem, handcent has so much Fluff I could do without though

Am I the only one?

Zargon

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to theme widget to smoke glass? Would be killer..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bgill55 themed it, although it was more "Incognito" inspired, it might be what your looking for.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-search-update-themed-incognito-inspired.html

Screenshot:

2q9ie0o.jpg

Moondonkey

Reaction score
Does any one have a link to the new clock that I need?

I am running CM6 RC 2 and when i try to do the voice command for "set alarm".

It says " In order to use this feature, download the latest clock from the Android Market."

When you search the market for clock or google clock.. you get hundreds of returns.

Thanks

cain

Reaction score
Can Voice Actions work with Google Voice? I don't have unlimited texting and use Google Voice as my main SMS interface.