Google Sync "experiencing problems"...and now I have 1 contact on my phone

giallogiraffa

Reaction score
Did anybody else wake up this morning with no contacts on their phone? My "favorites" widget was depicting empty namecards when I first checked my phone this morning, and when I went to look at my contacts, they were all gone. Well, except for one. My significant other's contact info (name, facebook, gmail, phone number, etc) was all there, but he is the only saved contact on my phone right now. I have no idea why his would be the only contact saved.

When I access my recent text conversations, all the texts are still there, but the conversations are now between me and unsaved phone numbers. No names, no other contact info. I went to check the status of my synched google account, and each sync-able thing (Books, Gmail, Blogger, Calendar) is checked and synched except for Contacts. When I try to manually re-sync my contacts, I get an error message stating that "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

Anybody else experiencing this? And does anyone happen to know of a possible fix, besides just waiting for Google Contacts to fix its synching problem?

AZDroid09

Reaction score
Did you ever get your issues solved? Did you try a reboot to see if that would help? I had no such issues.

OP
G

giallogiraffa

Reaction score
Did you ever get your issues solved? Did you try a reboot to see if that would help? I had no such issues.

No, it's still messed up. I've tried rebooting, and it doesn't do anything. I'm wondering whether I should contact Google or Verizon about this... :-/