Contacts not saving

foresteronw

Reaction score
This will be a long read but I want to provide as much detail as possible.

I just purchased my Droid on Thursday and received if Friday in the mail. I set up my contacts in my Gmail account as directed. When I try to sync the gmail account to my droid they are saving to my favorites and not my contacts. The problem with this is I can't make a phone call or text directly from my favorites. Below is what I've tried: Keep in mind that my favorites contain my entire contact list.

Updated contacts in Gmail and saved them under every option possible
Went into my phone and synced the Gmail account to my phone.
Made sure all options were checked under contacts in my phone

After this I exported my favorites to my SD card then backed out to Contacts and tried to import them to my contact list from the SD card. Didn't work.

I've re-formatted the phone do factory default settings and removed the batter for 3 minutes. Then I did all of this over again, no luck.

After this I went to the Verizon store and the tech there couldn't figure it out. He said I needed my old phone so that they could sync the contacts from my old phone to the Droid.

So in case that's confusing what I need is to figure out how to move my contact list from "Favorites" to "Contacts".

OP
F

foresteronw

Reaction score
Just noticed another thing, not sure if it will help determine the issue.

I tried to enter a contact manually and it seemed to accept the contact. When I selected "done" it still wouldn't show it under contacts. I selected "menu" and then "display options" and unselect "Only contacts with phones" the contact list will show up in my "contacts". The only problem is that it doesn't have the phone numbers.

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Lately when I go to save a contact I go through the process and when it says "contact saved" it never shows up in my contacts nor does it appear as a contact name in my text messages. Still shows just the number. I've checked the settings in contacts and everything is as it should be. Im on Eclipse 3, but that has never caused this issue before. Any thoughts?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
backup contacts
1 are contacts synced with Backup Assistant℠ Plus: Contacts or Contacts.Google.com?
2 also backup contacts on sd card, open contacts app/menu/import/export select export to storage/ok

un-sync google account(s) menu/settings/accounts & sync/ uncheck contacts

then you can try menu/settings/apps/all/contacts force stop, then clear data, then reboot
if contact still not working menu/settings/apps/all/contact storage app/ force stop and clear data then reboot

re-sync google contacts, wait for contacts to re-sync

if you still can not add new contacts, you may need to reinstall eclipse or wipe data in recovery, but backup everything you want to keep first

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Update on this: still can't save contacts. Since the previous post i've tried saving contacts on my stock rom and now on SteelDroid 5.0. Still not working. If I save it online at google it will update when my phone syncs just wont save from the phone itself.

Now I know its not an issue with the ROMs which makes it more mysterious. I never changed any settings on my phone or in google(not that I would know what settings would do that anyway). It just started doing that on it's own. May be a case for Dr. House...

Sent from a thing using an app